Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Robert1776
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Straight Talk

Curve 9310 does not receive text messages from one phone

We have a new Curve 9310 on Straight Talk using the Verizon CDMA network. A Samsung Galaxy Exhibit on TMobile (GSM network) is trying to send text messages to the Blackberry. At first the BB received some but not others and now does not receive any texts from this phone. The Samsung can send texts to all others and they are received. The BB can receive texts when sent from Google Voice. We have been trying to correct this. The Samsung text message out put was set to Automatic. When that Samsung phone was set instead to Unicode text messaging, the BB Curve started to receive all texts from that phone. When we tried the Samsung's other text message output setting - GSM Alphabet, the BB again did not receive text messages from the Samsung. It was set back to Unicode and text messages were received by the Blackberry. But the Samsung should not be set this way - it should be set to Automatic which is its default and no other device has a problem receiving text messaged from that Samsung. The Blackberry can send texts to that Samsung phone when it is in Automatic encoding and the texts are received by the Samsung from the Blackberry.

We have contacted Straight Talk and they seem to have no idea about what to do with the Blackberry purchased from them. I have tried to rest the Blackberry by taking the battery out while it is powered on, waiting a minute and putting it back in - but that did not change anything. (I thought the result would be a factory reset to defaults but all data saved to the phone and all preferences were still there when it rebooted.) I do not see any settings in the Blackberry Text App options relating to text encoding or Unicode or GSM alphabet.

At this point we do not know what to do. We do not know if the Blackberry is defective and needs to be returned for refund (we have just a few more days to do this) or if there is some setting that is missing. Many threads on the forums reference Blackberry settings that do not appear on the menus on this Blackberry Curve 9310. This BB has the newest BB OS 7.

We have just a few days to correct this or return the phone. Please help!

:Excl:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Curve 9310 does not receive text messages from one phone

Hey Robert1776,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This issue can be resolved by talking to the network service provider, as they look after sending and receiving SMS messages.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Robert1776
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Straight Talk

Re: Curve 9310 does not receive text messages from one phone

I have been talking to Straight Talk for a week - and they have no clue...

Please use plain text.