Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange UK

Curve 9320 Mobile Hotspot

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help regarding the BlackBerry Curve 9320 feature 'Mobile Hotspot' this is one of the main reason I brought this phone! (to replaced my Torch 9800 for a few months till contract runs out).

Any tips on getting this too work for me I am on Orange in the UK, I can use my old torch to tether my laptop so I am guessing this means my plan has tethering switched on? Could is be my OS? Current version 9320/7.1.0.398

Many thanks,
Best
Ant.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Curve 9320 Mobile Hotspot

Tethering is different from mobile hotspot. You may contact your Carrier about it.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Ronbob is right. Some carriers charge extra so that you can use your phone's hotspot functionality.

Luckily for me, it's all included on my unlimited BIS/data plan...

Is 9320 already 7.1 out of the box?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Yes it is stocked with OS7.1 cool
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Regular Contributor

Yeah... But I still like the 9360 better, even though my battery can only lst for about 5 hours with heavy use.

And speaking of 9320 hotspot functionality, for the carriers that charge extra for that, do they provide you with a username and password? Because my carrier just told me to input my Blackberry ID.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange UK

I shall check with my carrier. I brought the BlackBerry outright from Amazon, so maybe its not offically supported by my carrier just yet?

Thanks + much appreciated
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Even if you bought it from Amazon, and it is not supported by your carrier, you can still use it. My carrier told me that since Blackberry runs on BIS, it can be used pretty much anywhere, you just have to get your service books sent to you by your Carrier.