Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
farlyx
My Device: Curve 9320

Curve 9320 Picture (Media) Browser Navigation Freezing

Hey guys, I've been having issue with my device, especially when browsing my pictures, the navigation (previous picture > next picture) are freezing. For example when I take some time reviewing some picture, then when I touch the touchpad to navigate to the previous picture, it freeze, and nothing happen, but I can hear the scrolling, which means the browser that freezes, not wholly gadget. And when I navigate to the next, rather than previous, it works, and I can navigate again. But then again if I take some time displaying one pict, it freezes again.

Do you guys have any solution to this problem?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Curve 9320 Picture (Media) Browser Navigation Freezing

Hello farlyx

Please try a Battery pull reboot by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back .After reboot please check if it freezes.

Also if you have enabled Media Card compression then disable it , Homescreen > Options > Device > Storage > UNcheck or UNmark " Enable Compression ".

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
farlyx
My Device: Curve 9320

[ Edited ]

Hy prince2012, thanks for the respond.

Apparently this doesn't solve the problems, It works flawlessly some time after I rebooted the phone. But some time after it, the picture browser starts to freeze again.

I've tried uninstalling all the additional apps I downloaded, and rebooted the phone, but still the problems didn't disappear.

Do you guys have another solution to this?
Should I update my device, since I haven't update the firmware to the latest. I'm afraid of bugs that could happen to my device.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

farlyx wrote:

I've tried uninstalling all the additional apps I downloaded, and rebooted the phone, but still the problems didn't disappear.

Do you guys have another solution to this?
Should I update my device, since I haven't update the firmware to the latest. I'm afraid of bugs that could happen to my device.

Hi farlyx

Then it might be because of any installed 3rd application but as you already uninstalled all application from within your device then this part is also ruled out .

We should search for any update if our device suffer from issues or behave unusual , So as a next step if you wish then try to updating our device software to the most recent available for your device model.

Try it and do let us know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.