Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nickyvn
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 Theme Issue

I recently got the BB Curve 9320 and I've downloaded + installed 2 themes from AppWorld. It says the install was successful but when I go to change the theme the new themes do not appear on the theme list. Is there some trick I'm missing???

Very frustrating! Please help as I've paid for these themes.

Note: The themes I've downloaded are OS compatible for the bb I have - double checked before I paid and also rechecked when I couldn't find the themes anywhere on my device.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Curve 9320 Theme Issue

Hi nickyvn

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

When you go to Options > Device > Application Management > are you able to see the themes that you had Installed .If those theme appear on Installed list  but you are unable to find them on theme list  then please try this :

On your Home Screen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > scroll down and click on the Theme you Installed.

On that Screen Click on " Edit Permission " > Then Change Connections  , User Data and Interactions to "  Allow "  then press the menu key then Click " Save "

After that perform a Battery pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re- insert it back  after the device reboots please check if  those themes are available on Theme list.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
nickyvn

Hi again. Thank you for the suggestion. I can see the themes on the app manager list and tried what you said but still no luck. Any other advice?
Elite II
prince2012

Hi nickyvn

If editing permission didn't help then you had to Uninstall those theme and Re - install again ,it might help.

Prince

New Contributor
nickyvn

Uninstall or delete? I know with this bb you get those two options. I tried uninstalling one of them and re-installing, didn't help. Do you think I should try delete? Do you know if I'd have to pay again?
Elite II
prince2012

Hi nickyvn

All purchased apps are associated with your BlackBerry ID ,you will always get the Re- Install option unless you change your BlackBerry ID you don't have to pay again. you can try both the most important is do a battery pull restart after each action.

Prince

New Contributor
nickyvn

Thanks again! Will try the delete option and let you know.
New Contributor
nickyvn

[ Edited ]

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use. - has created themes (not sure about other applications) and charges people for it even though none of his themes work.

I've had a look at all the themes from this person and each one has people complaining that the theme doesn't work.

So warning to everyone... Do not download from Debasish AND always check the reviews for all apps you might want to download.

Rather annoying but it's to be expected.