Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
benitros
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 Won't Sync with desktop manger 7.1

[ Edited ]

I've bought a bb curve 9320 second hand.  It has been wiped and I've loaded up the latest desktop manager software.  Despite a hard reboot of the phone, enabling mass storage etc.  My computer will not recognize the phone.  At all.  It doesn't even show it as a mass storage device.  I've seen this posted about a bit but nobody has come up with a solution that I've seen.  I'm pretty disappointed in the software as a first time BB user, I have to admit. :smileysad:

I'm running Windows 7, SP 1

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmcnamara
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Cell C and 8ta

Re: Curve 9320 Won't Sync with desktop manger 7.1

Are you using a cable when connecting your phone to the pc?  If so, three options come up, choose USB.  Your phone screen should show a phone and computer syncing.  If not, and it still isn't recognising your device, have you considered that your cable might be faulty?  Sorry this is such a low-level suggestion.  I'm also using a 9320, downloaded the latest Desktop Software and everything is working fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benitros

Thanks for trying to help, no problem about low tech:smileyhappy:.  I am using a USB cable yes, I only have successfully used it for charging thus far that I can think of, but if it were faulty I don't think it would work at all.  Is it possible that it only works as a charging cable?  I don't know.  Maybe I'll keep my eye out for another one, just to try it and be sure.  I would be happy if this were the solution...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benitros

My problem appears to have been solved.  I hadn't thought that a USB cable would be strictly for charging but apparently the previous cable I was using was either solely for charging or was damaged for data usage.  I think the former is the case, which surprises me.  Anyways, low tech worked this time: I purchased a new cable specifically stating it was for charging AND data sync and it worked.

Please use plain text.