Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bkenny
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 able to Receive email but unable to send.

I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 with Virgin Mobile Canada.  I have the Unlimited Blackberry Messaging Plan on my account which includes unlimited sending and receiving of emails.  I have no problems receiving my email but when I try to reply, send or forward I get a black box pop up saying:

You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application.  If you want to use this application, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.

I have spoken with Virgin Mobile Canada many times.  They have guided me through different fixes as well as removed and re-added the feature many times.  After 3 days of working with their tech support I am still unable to send, reply or forward any email from my blackberry device but can still receive.  

What are the next steps for me to take? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 able to Receive email but unable to send.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Not knowing exactly the things they already recommended for you, I am reluctant to advise anything at all for risk of redundancy. Instead, I'll answer your specific question:

bkenny wrote:

What are the next steps for me to take? 

Continue working with Virgin, and insist that they formally escalate your case up to BlackBerry for enhanced support. That is the only channel by which to receive any support from BlackBerry...via escalation from Virgin. You have no free path by which to bypass them, and they are responsible to do so for you. Consider -- you pay Virgin for all of your services and all of your service-related support...right now, they seem to be delivering neither to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkenny

We have reset the network settings.  We did the Options, Device, Advanced, Host Routing Table, Register Now many times.  They have removed and readded the plan several times.  They suggested that I back up, and do a full wipe and factory restore on my blackberry which I am doing now.  Hopefully this will work.  If not I will take your suggestion and push them for enhanced support from blackberry.  I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the reply.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkenny

Well after 3 days of running around in circles.  Virgin Mobiles last suggestion for me to do a full wipe of my berry actually worked.  Email is now sending as it should be.  Awesome.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.