Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Dapperdan
My Device: Curve 9320

Curve 9320 bbm not activating.."accessing I'd"

I have a blackberry curve 9320 and trying to set up my bbm is proving a pain. It keeps accessing blackberry I'd and not shifting to getting connected. I tried installing version 6 as advised by the forum, but nothing appears to be working. Can someone with technical experience please advise?

Its a brand new phone received for Xmas and its a shame that I cannot get this working!!! HELP

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Curve 9320 bbm not activating.."accessing I'd"

Please make sure you are connected to the internet and you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your Carrier.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
Dapperdan

I have tried uploading v6 as it was deemed to be easier to access bbm. Is that true?
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

it depends on your phone.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Dapperdan

Version 6 cannot be found on my phone (9320), so I have reinstalled version7 again! I know it's going to say that it is accessing my messenger ID again. Is their a problem with version 7? I guess that this problem cannot be resolved?
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

BBM 7 is different from BBM6.x because the latest version integrates all your contacts to your Blackberry ID. On the initial setup, you have to have your Blackberry ID entered.

New Contributor
Dapperdan

That's the thing that is causing confusion. I have entered my ID and its still stuck on " Associating BBM with your blackberry ID" it just does not seem to be able to associate it!
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Please make sure that you are connected to the internet while you do that, preferably a WiFi connection.

New Contributor
Dapperdan

Again, I am connected to a wifi. This is not as simple as you first thought. Thanks for your help anyway, but its just not happening. I will contact Virgin tomorrow and get them to sort it out!

Thanks
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

It is. as a matter of fact, I deal with it every time I update my phone. Good luck then. :smileywink: