Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Re: Curve 9320 locking up -need too reboot to work

I am not talking to you John.. :Tt2:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lola57EG
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I have tried both settings  - lock on holstering and don't lock on holstering but had the problem both ways 

really appreciate the help though

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Then remove / disable the passwod and then insert into the Holster and try it again and tell me what happens.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

@Shanzim: I'm talking to you.  Begging for likes and posting links to your Facebook page doesn't help anyone. 

While disabling the password may help (if the user isn't on a BES where the password is required,) there was nothing solved when you had your light-bulb moment and thought it was solved. 

My hunch is the device is just frozen for a minute or two (something my 9810 does all the time). 

@Lola57EG, please try the safe mode boot and see what happens.  If that doesn't help then you may want to make a backup of the device, wipe the device, and restore the backup...That is, if you're not on a corporate BES server.  Let us know how the safe mode boot goes and if that doesn't help we'll do the wipe/restore.

Jjohn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Shazmin wrote:

Give me some likes if this helps.

Visit www.facebook.com/blackberrybeat 

for more help 

Shanzim, we strive to help people IN this forum, not to drive them to your Facebook page to drive traffic there. This forum is for helping people, not driving people to your Facebook page.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
fsm
Contributor
fsm
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

I stumbled across this while looking for a solution to the same issue.

My BB9320 is doing the same thing.

Occasionally when I go to use it, the screen will be off.  I will hit the unlock button and it will have no effect. Hitting the off/hangup button will turn the screen on and say "press the unlock button to unlock", however nothing will actually unlock the device.  I have to do a soft reboot to get it back. This 9320 is new, with Poynt, beweather and tunein radio installed and nothing else.

I suspect this behaviour has to do with the holster.  I have a slip case designed for the 9700 originally. My security settings are off, so there is no password and it should not go to sleep when in holster (it's just greyed out). To me this feels like a bug. I'm on 7.1.0.398, the most recent with my provider (mobilicity)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

fsm wrote:

Occasionally when I go to use it, the screen will be off.  I will hit the unlock button and it will have no effect. Hitting the off/hangup button will turn the screen on and say "press the unlock button to unlock", however nothing will actually unlock the device.  I have to do a soft reboot to get it back. This 9320 is new, with Poynt, beweather and tunein radio installed and nothing else.

Is this the top edge unlock button, or where?

Also, is your device running Memory Cleaner in the background? Check your Options > Security > Advanced Security > Memory Cleaning and DISable Memory Cleaner.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Also get someone at Vodafone to take a look at this if possible.

fsm
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Thanks for replying.

By "unlocking" I do mean just hitting the button on top of the phone. I checked the memory cleaner and it was disabled. One thing I have noticed, which may be unrelated, is that even though I have not set the phone to lock in holster, the screen still goes blank when the phone is holstered (I'm actually just touching against the side of the case). I expected it to do nothing. Is this normal?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

fsm wrote:

By "unlocking" I do mean just hitting the button on top of the phone. I checked the memory cleaner and it was disabled.

Ok, rules that out as a problem.

fsm wrote:
 One thing I have noticed, which may be unrelated, is that even though I have not set the phone to lock in holster, the screen still goes blank when the phone is holstered (I'm actually just touching against the side of the case). I expected it to do nothing. Is this normal?

That is working as intended. The BlackBerry holster contains a magnet that tells the device to go to black screen or lock if you have it set to do so. So nothing odd there.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.