Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Greenie34
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

Curve 9320 media card/usb issue

Hi, i am having some issues with media cards and the "usb" fatures on this phone. in my menus i have eveything ticked for media card useage. i have a standard card which came with the phone a sandisk 2gb and also a 8gb hd card,  both work in my samsung note and are regognised in that phone and when plugged into windows thru that.

my issue is my BB wont see teh cards i have checked and unchecked teh box turned phone off and on taken battery out and turned on with the box checked uncheked, nothing seems to make teh phone see the card/s  the menu button doesnt show format card or the "usb mas storage option" like the troubleshoot/user guide says it should either. my phone is uptodate with latest software and windows also wont see teh cards when pin phone and plugged into pc.

no idea what or why this is since i am new to blackberrys. i also dont want to go out and buy another card if there is actually a issue with th ephone or something. :smileyhappy: anyone have anyideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 media card/usb issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I can deduce (note carefully please, not diagnose) that there might be several different causes...

For whatever reason, there might be an IT Policy that is blocking the use of a media card...you can verify that theory via this procedure:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Or, there indeed could be a physical hardware problem with your device, rendering it unable to work with any media cards at all.

If the IT Policy theory does not pan out, then you'd be best to seek formal support from whoever provided you the BB (or whoever they may have assigned warranty support to).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Greenie34
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: EE

thanks for the reply, i have no idea about this IT policy...  its a works phone  when i on the security status info and click view IT policy says no disallowed apps, then click it policy details says no policies, there is a services at the bottem of security status info  which says desktop ( i asume this is the link for my outlook account for work things?)

no idea if this means anything or what.

Also while messing with the phone and looking online i note its supposed to have a internal memory of 512mb, in my  stoorage menu in options it says i have 73.7mb space yet when i used desktop bb service says that i can use 32mb for media but wont allow me to send any file  to my phone via the pc app or via bluetooth... not sure if this is related to the 1st issue about media card/.usb not regognised or what

so far no liking this blackberry at all :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Greenie34 wrote:

thanks for the reply, i have no idea about this IT policy...  its a works phone  when i on the security status info and click view IT policy says no disallowed apps, then click it policy details says no policies, there is a services at the bottem of security status info  which says desktop ( i asume this is the link for my outlook account for work things?)

no idea if this means anything or what.

Given this result, I recommend you start with the admins at your work. When a BB is activated on a BES system, an IT Policy is placed onto the device, and restrictions for usage can be placed by that IT Policy. I cannot know if your BES admins have or have not placed a restriction that is causing the problems you are having...you must ask them. Further, if your work provided you with this device, then they are your formal support channel for everything. We can help with advice, but only they can do anything on a formal level (e.g., swap out the device, fix hardware issues, tell you what you should be expecting, etc.).

Greenie34 wrote:

Also while messing with the phone and looking online i note its supposed to have a internal memory of 512mb, in my  stoorage menu in options it says i have 73.7mb space yet when i used desktop bb service says that i can use 32mb for media but wont allow me to send any file  to my phone via the pc app or via bluetooth... not sure if this is related to the 1st issue about media card/.usb not regognised or what

Let's work on one problem at a time please...the remedy for your first issue may well change the symptoms you are seeing for this second issue.

Greenie34 wrote:

so far no liking this blackberry at all :smileysad:

We humans are quite adaptable, but initially we are very resistant to anything new. Once we get used to it, we become more productive with it and can "like" it more. But that takes time. The "best thing" for any human is the one that they have become the most accustomed to.

Good luck and let us know what your BES admins say.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.