Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Woudenberg
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Curve 9320 new user, I need a little help

Curve 9320 is my first Smartphone after an old style phone. I have managed to figure out the very basics, texts, accessing the web, etc. I need a little help with the rest, e.g. I tried to download a free application, but get the message Error 40721 -No cached credentials.

A) do I need to register somewhere my details in order to download (even Free) applications,where and how?

B) I haven't got a Blackberry ID, or more precisely don't know what is it.  In what way is it useful?

These are my most immediate questions, and I would appreciate some basic instruction, where and how to..

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Curve 9320 new user, I need a little help

Hi Woudenberg

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums.

First of all you need to add a BlackBerry Data plan also known as BIS on your Account from your Carrier T - Mobile ,After having this you can enjoy all features of BlackBerry Sevices, 

You have  to create a BlackBerry ID associated with your device which is unique and will allow you to access  to multiple BlackBerry products like BBM, App World ,BlackBerry Protect etc.Please check those Article I hope it will help you :

KB29610  : What is a BlackBerry ID.

KB17659 : Minimum requirement for BlackBerry App World

KB02189 :  How to associate email address with blackberry internet account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Woudenberg

As suggested I have now added

A) the T-Mobile BlackBerry service to the phone, that is, I followed the instruction of texting as indicated, but have no  indication (such as automated response or other) that the service is now active.

B) I created a Blackberry ID. However when I try to access it on the Smartphone I get: 'Unable to update Blackberry ID while offline'  But I am automatically online if I click on the Browser icon.  

What I am I missing?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Woudenberg

When we activate BIS on our account we recieve an activation message on our device have you recieved that message ? It may take a few hours to activate your BIS account but it depends on Carrier.

I think your device is not registered yet with your carrier , you call your carrier and they will let you know how much time it may take to activate BIS on your device . Once you got the activation message on your device you can create or Update the BlackBerry ID .

On our device Homescreen when we go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = is it connected ? It should be connected to Mobile network .

If services are activated On your Homescreen in upper right corner before signal strength we should see uppercase EDGE or 3G but not  GSM or edge.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Woudenberg

Hi again, I am connected to the internet...  3G is clearly there, as well as being able to access the web... Still when I go to BB ID on the phone I get: 'Unable to update BB ID account  info while offline'.  But I am online, and have been from the start..  I thik that is why I had no response (auto or other) from T-Mobile, beacause I already have the BIS is already avtivated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Woudenberg

First Restart your device like this Device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re -insert it back,wait till your device takes a long reboot.

Then On your Homescreen can you see a BlackBerry logo beside 3G ? Also as said On your Device Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = ? what you see ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Woudenberg

Hi Prince

I rebooted... The 3G is there but NOT the BB logo. In service status I get: No Blackeberry internet connection, but connected to T-Mobile OK.  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Woundenberg

I thing your Carrier have still not activated BlackBerry Data Plan aka BIS on your account. BIS is different from a normal data plan ,a normal data plan will allow you to browse internet but will not give access to BlackBerry application .So I prefer you should give a call to T-Mobile to re- confirm if they had alloted BIS on your account or not.

When BlackBerry Data plans are activated on your device then On Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = it will be " Mobile Network "  

So call T - Mobile  and let us know of your updates.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Woudenberg

I will do that then, then. many thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Woundenberg

You are welcome and be sure to ask them for BlackBerry Data Plan or BIS ,Good Luck.

Please use plain text.