Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
an14
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Curve 9320 not charging

Hi there, 

I am having problems charging my blackberry curve 9320. It is not my battery because I have tried with some of my friends batteries and it is still not working. My phone is currently completely dead, and has been for 1 day now and I have tried multiple chargers. The red light comes on for max 10 seconds and then it turns off, as if the phone is not charging anymore. I am wondering if it is to do with the part or port that the charger goes into? Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
an14

Re: Curve 9320 not charging

Also, when I have my phone plugged in and the battery out, the red light also appears?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

From what you describe, your BB has most likely gone bad somehow (likely hardware, internal). As a final test, you need to leave your BB, with an otherwise-known good battery inside of it, on an otherwise-known good wall charger (not USB to PC). Leave it that way for 2 hours, no matter what the lights or screen do. At that point, remove the battery and leave it out for 15 minutes. Then put the battery back in, and leave it still for another 2 hours. Note that throughout this entire 4h15m process, your BB remains physically connected to the known-good wall charger. This process has been known to "kick start" a stubborn BB.

If this fails and you remain within your warranty period, you would seek formal warranty evaluation and support from your original place of purchase.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
an14

Thank you!!

Please use plain text.
hopehardy14
My Device: Blackberry 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

Did this work because I have same thing

Please use plain text.
Judrop45
My Device: Blackberry 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Have had the same problem and its the port that is faulty, am on my second 9320 (in 6 months) and this one is doing the same not charging properly and does like the BB chargers at all, Ihave fiddle it around to get the charge icon to show again I have to take this back and await for another phone, it is obvs a design fault and feel BB should replace these phones with another model

Please use plain text.
paquo
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Pepephone

I have the same problem with my 9320. RIM has not any intention to consider this as a DOA, even in the case that the 9320 never worked properly. This is not a general problem with this model because my company has purchased one for me the same week and this works fine from the beginning... We are screwed with this... And resolution time for customer support even in this DOA case is ONE MONTH!! Unacceptable... This wouldn't occur with iPhone... fu.....k RIM!
Please use plain text.