Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Cruev 9320

Curve 9320 turning off then battery to 10%

Hi everybody,

Recently and for no reason, my Blackberry Curve 9320 turns itself off (even with 70% battery remaining), and then restarts (which is long), to have more or less than 10% battery left, putting the battery indicator in the red.

I did not fall on the ground, it is not especially damaged, it has never touched water, I bought it 1 year ago (new).

I do not understand and it's starting to annoy me a bit : I had already changed my blackberry last year because my old Curve had battery problems after 2 years of use...

What can I do ? :/ 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9320 turning off then battery to 10%

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

So far it seems OK... I have done what you said above yesterday evening, wait & see :smileywink:
Hall of Famer II

Excellent...but...you did all of what I said above? Or only the first half?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Unfortunately it redid it this afternoon... :smileysad:

I have done the first things you explained, I have not got any other phone or battery here :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II

Mizur wrote:

Unfortunately it redid it this afternoon... :smileysad:

I have done the first things you explained, I have not got any other phone or battery here :smileysad:

Well...the only way to narrow down the issue to the next level is by completing the 2nd half there. The point is to try and rule out your battery as causal. So, finding someone with an identical battery who has no issues, and trading batteries, is the best (and least expensive) way to test this. Even buying a new battery isn't quite as accurate -- while certainly rare, a new battery can be defective.

If we assume that your battery is fine (and that is a HUGE assumption at this point), then the next step would be to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

All the while, keeping in mind, that if it is your BB hardware that is the issue, then no amount of internet-distance diagnostics nor OS/software level fixes will be of any use. But doing all of these things can get to the point of ruling out everything else, leaving hardware as the most likely cause. However, not yet having ruled out the battery as causal means that you could spend days doing things that will be useless (if indeed the battery is the root cause).

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates