Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360 OS 7

Curve 9360 Battery issues

Hey there! I've been having some really annoying battery issues lately. My curve is around 12 months old and i've an extreme use with social apps. My curve is usually connected with WiFi and on EDGE. But when i'm on EDGE and i use apps the battery drains from 60% to 10% in 30 mins. Lately when battery is half charged the error "Too low for radio use" Why does it say when the battery is 55% full? So i connect it again and after 2mins same error, in 5 mins the battery drains completely. So as i put it on charge the battery shoots to 25% from 1%. I've pulled off the battery, tried to clean the ports but still same problem. Once when battery drained i put it on charge and it turns on but restarts itself and there's black screen with a cross on battery. Help please! Its urgent!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Curve 9360 Battery issues

Hello,

It is possible that your battery simply has reached EOL...nothing lasts forever. To test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code