Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Curve 9360 Device memory full

Hi, 

I am using Curve 9360 which I bought recently. Love this handset for its sleekiest design, I rate this best among all BB phones.

Recently I hit into an issue where my phone's device memory (reportedly 32 MB) is full. I thought this phone has inbuilt memory of 512 MB.

When I go Media, check for Memory use using BB pin, it shows me Media Card and Built-in Memory Storage.

I am surprised to see Built-in Memory storage of only 32 MB and that is also 100%, of which 24MB was occupied by Pictures.

I havent stored any of the downloaded or camera pictures on device memory. These 24MB is essentially from this folder "/Device/home/user/appworld/img/screenshots/". Under this folder there are many folders with 4~5 digits numbered and has many small pictures, essentailly screenshots from app world.

First, can I delete these folders in order free up device memory?

Second, can I re-route these to memory card such these screenshots are not saved on device memory atleast?

Third, how do I check 512 MB inbuilt memory usage stats for curve 9360?

Please help!

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Curve 9360 Device memory full

Hello Maitro,

If you go to Options, Device Storage, What do you have for Application Storage free space?

Also  check the Application storage uner Application Management to see what applications are using the device memory, go to Options, Device, Application management, at the top scroll over to Application Storage.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry curve 9360

I have the same problem too with the same phone, could it be because my memory card is too small? I have the 2gb. My free space is 81.4mb. Please reply back soon, thank you.
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

The 32MB, is the device memory limit for the media, music, pics, videos, etc etc. You can change it to 8MB or 15MB. basically, you can save up to 32MB to your phones memory, the space that is already taken is the phones wallpaper/ringtone, etc etc. Go to options - device - storage, there it will tell you how much App memory you have.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

The 32MB, is the device memory limit for the media, music, pics, videos, etc etc. You can change it to 8MB or 15MB. basically, you can save up to 32MB to your phones memory, the space that is already taken is the phones wallpaper/ringtone, etc etc. Go to options - device - storage, there it will tell you how much App memory you have
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)