Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
amelia79
My Device: Crurve 9360
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Curve 9360 Japanese Input

Hello community,

I have been trying to install Japanese Input for my Curve 9360 but I can't manage to find the way.

Curve 9360

Smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 9.6.0.111)

Under the typing options, I have only English options. I tried to download and install software that was mentioned on this comminity (and I did delete vendor before opening app loader) but it doesn't work on my phone.

Can anyone help me? I am so desperate!!

Many thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9360 Japanese Input

Hi amelia79

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

There are many thread related to your query within forums,To get those input support you had to Download an OS pack having all Language and also you can't say for sure that any all language OS will have these East Asian language . If you are unable to find then try this :

1.Download and Install on your PC an  OS pack having All Language  from here  Carriers

• ( Make sure you are downloading for the same device model )

2.. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install) > Click Apply.

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Thank you Prince I am deleting  blackberry desktop manager in my computer.  I will let you know the progress. Thanks again :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Hello Prince, if you can kindly give me advice on this.

I notice that there are so many software to choose from. Which one should I choose?

I selected the Curve 9360, and it gave me 5 links for download.

Thanks in advance :Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Ok, Misarably failed again.

I've checked other thread in this community and other website, and they seem to find the Japanese option under the 'east asian language input' on the blackberry desktop manager. I have  only Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese.

I uninstalled the blackberry desktop manager from my computer and reinstalled it from the link you mentioned, and downloaded below;

Software Name:Desktop Software v7.1.0 B33 (Multilanguage)
File Name:710_b033_multilanguage.exe
Download Size:113 MB
Published Date:08/10/2012

and deleted vendor from the apploader but it didn't work out.... Is this something to do with my location? I currently live in U.A.E.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi amelia79

Sorry for the my late response ! By the way from where you downloaded this file ? The link the I had given does't contain this Multi- Language OS file ,As I already mentioned to get the language you desire you had to download an OS file having All Language from the link ! 

Now to get the Desired language you had to Uninstall that OS file from your PC and download and Install this OS Bundle : 

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1647 (All Languages) 

Package Version: 7.1.0.1647
Consisting of:

• Applications: 7.1.0.523
  • Software Platform: 9.6.0.80
  • File name: 9360jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1647_PL9.6.0.80_A7.1.0.523_Indosat.exe
  • File size: 271.41MB

For BlackBerry Curve 9360  download from here  : Software Download for Indosat . After Installing delete those Vendor Files from the location and use the same method as mentioned above to get the desired Japenese Language on your device.

So try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Hello Prince, thank you for the reply and please don't worry about the timing!

I am sorry for the late response also. My computer is super slow. (may be because it is a netbook?)

So far, I downloaded desktop software and the language pack you mentioned on the message. I've  installed the desktop software but the language pack is still installing. I saved the language pack because I wasn't sure which option (run or save) to choose. Yep I am so useless on this field...  Anyways all this has been taking 4 hours to do all this...!!!

I will let you know once it's done.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Hello Prince, now I installed everytyhing and I opened the Desktop software. Under the Input Language Support, I have no Japanese displayed.....

I've always had Japanese under East Asian charcters and support here so it allows bb to show Japanese character and I can read Japanese no problem.   But I never manage to find a way to find Japanese font input. I must be doing it wrong, or may be   my phone is not compatible with Japanese input??  I don't even see Japanese under East Asian Lnguage and Support. There are options for 7 types of chinese, Korean, thai, hindi and vietnamese under this east aisan language and support, but no Japanese.

Here's what I did:

I downloaded this for desktop software

Software Name:Desktop Software v7.1.0 B33 (Multilanguage)
File Name:710_b033_multilanguage.exe
Download Size:113 MB
Published Date:08/10/2012

the language pack ( I didn't choose "Run", instead I saved it on my desktop)

Download Details
Software Name:BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1647 (All Languages)
File Name:9360jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1647_PL9.6.0.80_A7.1.0.523_Indosat.exe
Download Size:271 MB
Language:English
Published Date:07/11/2012

I installed the desktop software and deleted vendor and then I installed the language pack and deleted vendor. 

I opened the desktop softwared, connected my blackberry and checked the application.

Do you think my bb is not compatible with Japanese? Can you give me advice?

My device info is

Blackberry 9360

smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)

7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.6.0.111)

3G Bnds 1,4,8

Many thanks Prince!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi amelia79

There are no device restriction for languages all depends on the OS pack you are installing. That Bundle must offer Japenese language. But as it was not offering can you check or confirm a few things , First of all have you Uninstalled any other OS pack from your PC or notebook , And also have you deleted all those vender .xml files from the OS pack ?

I think as you had downloaded  # BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1647 (All Languages)  that setup  file is on your PC so Go to Control panel > Add to remove programes or Uninstall a program > then Remove any BlackBerry Device software from that list.Then restart your PC . Go to OS file that your had downloaded then Install that file on your PC . If you are using Window 7 then Click on Organise > Folder and search Options > Click on view tab > Click to  " show Hidden files ,folder and drives"  the apply.

Once it is done go to the location as mentioned above and delete those Vendor .Xml files from the location.there may two vendor .xml files which you had to delete.

Then Connect your Device and open BlackBerry Desktop Software and see if Japanese language is available to add .

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79

Hello Prince,

I followed what you mentioned and I still don't see the Japanese option. I noticed that Curve 9360 is not mentioned on the website you posted on your 1st reply. (The link explaining how to obtain language packs for bb smartphones)  That's how I started to think my phone may not be compatible.

I unistalled all blackberry related software from my computer, restart, reinstall the blackberry desktop software and the language pack, deleted two vendor files. I then opened the desktop software and connected the phone. But I still don't see Japanese under the language input option on the application list. I repeated this twice and I failed both times.

I don't think I am doing something indifferent from how you explained. I am starting to thinking about giving it up....... :smileysad:  

Do you or anyone have any idea and thoughts I might be doing wrong or ovelook?

Many thanks as always.

Please use plain text.