Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
amelia79
My Device: Crurve 9360
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Curve 9360 Japanese Input

Hello,

When I download the software, (both language pack and desktop software), I am to choose Run or Save? I am never sure which one to choose. I usually save and then run the language pack so I can choose where I save since I can't find this file after downloading/installing is done. ( I am no IT genius!)  I noticeed that desktop software always finish downloading and installing faster than the language pack, so I always install the language pack later. Could this be the reason?

I again ran search on my computer and deleted all blackberry/RIM related software.

It is so frustrating :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi amelia79

When you download an OS pack first we should save it to a location within our PC , The way you are doing is correct , but I think that OS is not offering the Japanese language , I think the only way is to try another All Language OS pack from different Carriers within Asia Pacific region ,look at this Carrier Site Carriers you had to try other OS pack and using the same procedure.Please remember you should try only those OS pack which are all language and an initial " j " like this OS pack (  9360jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1647_PL9.6.0.80_A7.1.0.523_Indosat.exe ) " j " stands for japanese input , but  there may be some exception as in your case because many user using the same carrier OS pack but different device model are able to get Japanese input suppot.

And If find any information I will Update the Thread till then you should also try and let us know.

Prince

_________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amelia79
My Device: Crurve 9360
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hello Prince

I have finally found a solution!

The link for the language pack you initially posted was not compatible with my blackberry. My phone is 7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.6.0.111) so my boyfriend found the one with platform 9.6.0.111 from Auto UK. And I did the res the way you told me. Deleting vendor, etc.   My phone is now bilingual! Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey amelia79

I am glad that your boyfriend found the solution for the problem you are having :smileyhappy: give my regards to him for his finding.

Cheers !

Prince

Please use plain text.