Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MelisaaBoo
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: ._.

Curve 9360 Media Card Problems

Hey, a week ago I removed my media card and inserted it in my old phone I removed it when I realised the battery was dead. I was going to insert it back into my phone but I managed to drop it :/ the battery went out so I inserted my media card&the battery and waited for it to reboot when it was done an error appeared "A Media Card has been inserted with errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?" I pressed yes and then Media Card that appeared in the next screen then it said "Repairing.Please Wait.." And then another screen appeared and it said "Media Card Repair Failed" this used to happen before but never failed. Also I currently don't have my laptop and never backed up my media card. I don't wanna lose anything that's inside it..especially 2000+ pictures..
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9360 Media Card Problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I can't quite tell...did you drop your BB or the media card? In either case, though, damage could have been caused. If you dropped the BB, you could have broken something inside, preventing it from now communicating with the media card. If you dropped the card, a static discharge could have occurred, erasing it completely.

Unfortunately, the only way to properly test is with a computer. If you have only this BB, no other access to another BB, nor any access to another "known good and already properly BB formatted" media card, a computer, etc., then you simply must wait until you do have such access. Proper testing simply cannot happen when all you have access to are the very things in question (your BB, if it's damaged...or your card, if it has been erased).

All of this, of course, highlights the issue of backups...which are not an optional, nor a reactive, venture. You can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MelisaaBoo

I tried inserting it in my old phone and it didn't work as well also I dropped my phone. When I go to Options > Device > Storage it says "Media Card is not installed." Eh I'm not good with these kinda things>.<
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Given that, it sounds like, when you dropped the BB, it somehow managed to wipe the Media Card clean. To try any data recovery from it requires a computer with a media card reader and the proper recovery software (Zero Assumption Recovery gets good reviews).

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MelisaaBoo

I think the media card wasn't inserted when I dropped it
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Regardless, it doesn't work. And diagnostic/recovery steps are needed. And those can't be done on the BB.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MelisaaBoo

Okay, thanks!