12-30-2012 10:45 AM
Hi, can anyone help? I just tried to update the software on my Curve 9360 and after an hour of downloading I got an error message saying the device could not be updated. I went to the home screen and disconnected but the devioce will not restart. I get the Blackberry icon and a loading cursor at the bottom of the screen which takes an age to load then I get a tiny white message in the centre of the screen saying 'app error' - Reset but nothing works. When I reconnected the device to my PC it says 'device not connected' and the PC doesn't recognise the device at all. I removed the battery and sim then replaced them and switched on - same story again. Plug the device into the charger and same again. I am on a talktalk mobile contract
12-30-2012 10:57 AM
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
BlackBerry Device Operating System downloads: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-device-
Just select the appropriate device model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
IF the above does not work or help, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
Download JL_Cmder http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/18789
or download BBSAK http://bbsak.org/download.php
If JL_Cmder does not work, you can try this:
and this: KB20371 http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20371
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
12-30-2012 03:47 PM
Nightmare! Tried as much of the above help as I could but nothing doing, albeit I didnt understand a lot of it which was over my head. Thanks anyway J
The USB option wasn't the case as I got in to device manager and it wasn't the power management cause. Seems my PC decided to have a fit during the original update and everything just froze causing the PC to refuse to recognise the device. The original software has now been uninstalled and as I had the same problem with freshly downloaded software from the BB site (namely - device NOT connected) I'm going to have to send the handset back to TalkTalk and hopefully get a replacement device. The PC will not recognise the device no matter what state it is in, battery out, battery in, nothing can convince it that the device is connected. The error message on the phone now says 'error 507 - reload software' but been al lround the houses with it and have given up.
Daft thing is that the phone was working perfectly but as I was syncing some files to it from my PC a window popped up asking if I wanted to update the device and being as there was new software available I clicked 'yes' - big mistake!
01-01-2013 10:25 AM
Just to wrap up this problem . . . I have spoken to my carrier (talktalk) and they guided me through the whole process again over the phone. This took over an hour and they merely led me through the steps that J had already mentioned and all to no avail. Apparently my PC froze at the very worst time during an update although they think I may also have a dodgy phone because they said there maybe 'a hardware issue with the handset'
Thankfully the handset is still under the'cooling off period' so I am having a replacement sent to me.
The reason I was updating the device so early (I'd only had ir for a week) is that I tried to sync some media files to it from my PC and I got a message saying something like "insufficient memory on device - consider using a media card" or words to that effect. I then got a message asking if I'd like to search for updates to rectify the problem so I agreed and then the update froxe about three-quarters of the way through