Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Curve 9360 | SIM & SD card NOT reading, PLEASE HELP!

Hi, so I got a blackberry 9360 for my birthday in July, the phone worked fine for basically a week so I got it repaired in a shop costing me £60.... it worked for a while and now the same problem is occurring. When I have both the sim card and the memory card inserted neither of them are reading, it's saying "Insert SIM Card" & "Media Card is not currently inserted in the device" which is extremely annoying... Everything else works fine the camera, wi-fi, but i can't use my network whatsoever nor record videos etc because it's claming to have no media card inserted whatsoever!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if photos would help let me know and i'll upload some asap!

Thank You,

-Michael D.Coogan. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Curve 9360 | SIM & SD card NOT reading, PLEASE HELP!

Hello and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9360 smartphone.

Have you checked your Media Card to ensure it's inserted snugly? Does your SIM card appear to be housed tight or does it seem to move? 

Remove your battery, SIM card and Media Card. Reinsert your Media Card, then the SIM card and lastly the Battery.

After the reboot completes are both cards being detected? 

If not, it would be advised you contact your point of sale to investigate this matter further.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Curve 9360 | SIM & SD card NOT reading, PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the response I'm in college right now and don't have the blaclberry with me at the moment. I've tried the above steps but not in that order so i'll try it when I get home, if it's still persisting to not operate properly i'll probably take it somewhere to be fixed.:Phone: