Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kashanAli
My Device: Curve 9360 OS 7
My Carrier: Curve 9360 OS 7 (bought it 6 months ago)
Accepted Solution

Curve 9360 completely freezes

Hi! My blackberry curve 9360 freezes completely everywhere. I saved a picture from web (i have around 150+ pictures saved in memory card) my phone just froze. I restarted it and after a minute it froze again, i pulled off the battery and rebooted again, it froze again so I waited for 10 minutes but still no response. Then i restarted again went into settings checked application memory n it was 45mb, after a minute again it froze. So i took off my memroy card and restarted it again n didnt do anything for a while, i checked it n it froze again on main screen. Help please! bought it 6 months ago

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Curve 9360 completely freezes

There are two things to try. One is to see if the problem might be the memory card. I think you've tried that and it still froze on you, correct? If it only freezes with the memory card in, it may be due to a problem with the memory on the card being corrupted. In this case, I'd save all the pictures, etc. to your computer, and then reformat the memory card.

If that's not the problem, then it may be worth your while to reload the software on the device. You can do that using the method described in the following link: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Hopefully one of those options will get you back up and running smoothly. If not, since the phone is only 6 months old, you can also take it in to your carrier for warranty repair.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kashanAli
My Device: Curve 9360 OS 7
My Carrier: Curve 9360 OS 7 (bought it 6 months ago)

Thanks mate! Reinstalled OS and its working fine now. Lost everything, not taking any chance of restoring the back up. But hey the curve is back and rolling. Just curious of why did this happened, scared of it happening again, which by the hopefully should NOT.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Things can just degrade over time, much like they do on our computers. In some cases problems creep in due to apps we have installed, in other cases something just becomes corrupted. Reloading the OS fixes it, so you're back up and unning smoothly.

As a heads up, if you don't want to take the chance of restoring your info and thus your problem, one alternative is to simpky reload your impkrtant databases using a selective restore. This is what I usually do... Just restore things like calendar, address book, memos, Password Keeper, messages, etc. Like that, I still get my important info, but I don't have to risk bringing back any potential problem databases if they exist.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.