Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KylaB
My Device: curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Curve 9360 contstanty keeps restarting

Hi

I picked up my phone to use it and it just restarted for no reason. I hadnt downloaded anything or dropped it or nothing. Now it constantly reboots, stays on for 5 seconds and reboots again. I have tried removing the battery, sim etc, nothing works. Besides updating the OS, is there nothing else I can do, just to keep it on? I can't event keep it on long enough to upgrade the OS??

Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Curve 9360 contstanty keeps restarting

Hi KylaB

Welcome to the Community

If you have any Media card please remove it and see if your device Reboots.If reboots then Start your device on Safe Mode .And do your Backup first .After that you can try updating your device if allows .Please try it and let us know.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
KylaB

Hi Prince

Thank you for answering my problem, I am deperate! I have done exacty what you said, and it did start up in safe mode, I even see the 'safe mode' in the display. However a few seconds later I get this message: The security of this connection could not be verified. Continue, Stop, Details.

Even though I chosse 'continue', it just reboots immediately again.

Anything else I can try?

Much appreciated

Kyla

New Contributor
KylaB

I forgot to mention, I tried it three times and each time it did the same.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi KylaB

If your device is not responding  Safe Mode then you had to force the detection of your device using desktop software to load the OS again, And you will lose your data in this process,I hope you have your Earlier Backup.So please follow the Knowledge Base to recover your device.

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader .

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

New Contributor
KylaB

Dear Prince - you are a beaut! Thank you soooo much! That did the trick - I really appreciate you helping out. We will build up the data again, not such a big issue. At least the phone is working again. You have made my week!

KylaB :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012

Hello KylaB

You are most welcome .. As you are Happy and Satisfied in return a little Cherish comments like your's  that's all we need and it means a lot to us , yes you have also made my Day .:smileyvery-happy:

Prince

New Contributor
Kedunie
My Device: Curve 9360

Hello, I have tried all the steps above! When it gets to the install update section, it says no available update and i get the email option and thats  the end. I put my battery back in to reboot and it goes off immediately. Do I leave my SIM card in my phone through out the process?

Elite II
prince2012

Kedunie wrote :

Hello, I have tried all the steps above! When it gets to the install update section, it says no available update and i get the email option and thats  the end. I put my battery back in to reboot and it goes off immediately. Do I leave my SIM card in my phone through out the process?

Hello Kedunie 

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

First of all please explain the problem your having ! 

Prince

New Contributor
Kedunie
My Device: Curve 9360

Hi prince,

My pfone keeps restarting continously.  It started yetsterday and  I read your earlier instructions. I wasn't able to backup in safe mode because it hangs when it gets to 'backing up smart card options 1 of 1 record' (but I'm fine with that) so I tried KB10144 option. When i click update, I enter my password and I get the no available update option. I insert my battery back in to complete the process but it doesnt help. 

Thanks.