Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ironhammer37
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Curve 9360 help!

So I got my new curve around April on conract with T Mobile, and it as been fine up until recently, first of all my scroller will not click easily, it has to be pushed down with some force, web pages will often close after only a few seconds, but now I was walking down the road and my phone suddenly turned off. It was on roughly 25 percent battery, and shut off without warning. I tried to restart the phone with no luck, I took the battery out and back in several times without any luck. Now almost 3 hours later, there is still no response and no sign of any red light. Just a black screen and an emotionless Blackberry. Please help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Curve 9360 help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ironhammer37

If this first method does not work, then what do you suggest?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, there are actually two methods already posted up there...so I'm confused by your question...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ironhammer37

Yes, but that method is not viable as I do not know anyone with the same model as mine.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so let me get this right. You've already completed the 4h15 minute first process? Right? And it did not succeed? Right?

And so, then moving on to the 2nd process (given the failure of the 1st), you don't know anyone with the same model BB as yours, in order to attempt the 2nd process? Right?

If so, then there's no way to diagnose the root issue...it could still be your battery or your BB, but that second process would narrow that down so as to know what to next attempt. The resolution path will be different depending on which is the true root cause of your situation. Not knowing that, we'll only be guessing...with only a 50/50 chance of being right.

Is there a local BB sales/repair shop nearby that you could go into and seek help? Preferably, of course, from a battery that's known good...as opposed to a new battery...while rare, a new battery can indeed be defective, so that "known good" condition is pretty important to the test being useful. But, I suppose if truly nothing else is available, a new battery would be better than none to try...as long as it's already charged, of course...

You also don't necessarily need the exact same model BB to test...rather, just the exact same model of battery. Offhand, I don't know what other BBs use your same battery, though...I'm sure you can find that information on the Internet though.

I wish I could tell you more definitively what to do...but at an internet distance, the options are rather constrained.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.