Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Curve 9360 keeps rebooting itself

Sideloading caused reboots in my case.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320

Hi,
Thanks for the tip, I'm probably gonna take it to the BB service center this week. I heard there's a update to os v7.1 for BB 9320 so gotta check that one out and see if it improves battery life. I would've gone for a BB 9360 myself but got put off due to the small capacity battery. The only grouse with BB 9320 is the screen, have to get used to this low res display since I've moved from a samsung wave. Anyways you've been of great help once again, Thank You :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
Downloading apps from BB app store also counts as sideloading, right ?? Concerning apps for BB, where do you download your apps from ?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

No downloading apps from appworld is not sideloading.

Sideloading is loading those apps that both appworld and desktop manager refuse to install on your device, with message that reads: not availabe or incompatible with your device. Doing this does not guarantee a stable device.

Apps thats load from appworld are likely to be stable because they have been given green light. Clicking on an app there to view reviews, screenshots and developers description of the app will not alert you if its compatible. Only clicking on download button to install, then will it inform you. If safe installation will begins immediately.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

I should also add that if a app was given the green light for your Os can have bugs, because mistakes happen but developers resolve issues quickly.

Thank you, also I wouldn't worry about a low resolution the 9320 in my opinion got it where it counts like gps, and 3G capabilities.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Just remembered please DO NOT LOAD apps in safe mode, I'm not sure if that's ....well safe....although you are in safe mode.

That instruction was to confirm if the 3rd party apps already installed are causing reboots, which it appears it does.

I hope I havnt placed you in a predicament.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
The rebooting problem showed its ugly face once again last night when the phone was running in safe mode, the thing is I feel this issue is more than just about apps, I mean I've deleted all the apps from the phone and yet... So planning to give it to the Service Center and do a os reinstall and hardware check I guess :-(. I heard of a new update for the os : 7.1.0.714 for BB 9320. Hope it resolves all the issues.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello, Blade

Sorry the advice failed, I too had issues and had them do the Os reinstall for me. Its been 3 days now and no reboots yet. Its loaded with blackberry core apps, I only installed BB appworld after the phone was given to me.

• No wikitude
• No google talk
• No Yahoo messenger
• No Youtube
• No social fields
----------------------------
• Docs to go is installed

Its not my intention here say that those NOT installed on my device is bad its just that I do not use them so I suggested they do not install those. To free up space on my device. You can ask not install stuff you know for sure you will never use.

I'm pretty sure now that its a software issue because 3 days now and my phone responds very well, quick and no heat issue.

On the 1st day there may be some heat and phone a little slow....do a battery pull to settle it....dnt be alarmed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
I'll keep you posted about the stability of the phone after reinstalling the os..Does the BB app world require BIS to work ?? My App world and BB Id don't open..It says I'm offline at the moment and haven't registered. I suppose its an os problem again, but just wanted to confim if its the same for you too.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello Blade

Yes you need BIS to use appworld and BBM.
You also need to create a BB-ID first before appworld can work properly.

So activate BIS and sort out your Bb-ID.

Cheers

Please use plain text.