Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
blade911
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9360 keeps rebooting itself

Hi Foxx

I read online that a new os for BB 9320 is available..its version is os V 7.1.0.714. My current version is V 7.1.0.523. I'm able to download the os from crackberry.com and its written that its official..Do you think I should go ahead and update my phone ?? I checked for updates using my desktop BB software but none was found.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello

Please phone your carrier first and find out what they have passed as official release for them, or check their website. Os 714 became official just recently like last week or few days back. Since your phone is new and under warranty and if they havnt released that os yet and if you need to claim your warranty down the line for some reason, they may now consider this as voiding of your warranty.

Also tell them inform of reboots so your device is now logged with them as having issues. They may replace your handset or do the os reload for you. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

So phone first and find terms and conditions of your warranty on my carrier didn't mind so long as there was no water damage, theft or negliegence. They didn't mind a Os reload even it wasn't their release and device wasn't opened.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
I just found an option called Cell Broadcasting in my device settings menu, does it have any positive effects if turned off on the battery ?? By the way how many hours does ur mobile last in a 3G network if you browse for 1-2 hrs, play music for 1 hour, games for another hours and a couple of calls and messages ??
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi
Just give me an avg time your mobile goes until battery shows red. Inspite of my mobile having a 1450mAh battery, it lasts for 6-7 hrs on 3G coverage and 12-14 hrs under 2G. That's supposed to be poor, right ??
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Cell broadcasting was turned off on mine when I checked. I browse heavily and always on 3G, my friend with the same phone only uses 2G and hardly browses but listens to abt 1hr of music wth calls in between it last about 13-16 hrs ....I charge frequently.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

Try setting the phone to use 3G only....see if reboots stops.....worked on 9900. When in low coverage while searching for signal it rebooted.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
Yeah I've gotta try using the phone in 3G, I'll confirm it soon if the reboots have stopped. I've been using the phone in 2G network today and I turn it to 3G network only when I want to browse. This way my battery lasts for 1.5 days with about 1 hour of calls,15 min in messages and about 1.5 hrs in browsing and music. But I'm confused if this is the right way to use a BB..I mean if the phone's got 3G capability then its alright to keep it on always right ?? Is it okay to keep switching between 2G and 3G network settings ?? Do you do the same thing to conserve battery, Foxx ?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Yes....that's correct. Very good.

Also to update to stop rebooting ....use only 3G option to browse or 2G option when not.

Do not use the option 3G/2G option which tells the phone to switch automatically to 2G if 3G goes down. This is causing reboots on 9900 models when it searching for network possibly same with curve series now..... As both use os 7.1
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Its fine to switch to either 3G or 2G to save battery ...I do the same.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blade911

Hi Foxx,
My battery started to zap really fast today as it was at 100% at 6:30 PM, after 30 min of calls and another half an hour of browsing, few messages and the battery showed 30% at 12:30 AM..I did a battery pull and after the restart, phone showed 65% battery remaining..While using 3G, the phone is draining out of battery very quickly, I mean it goes to half in about 3-4 hrs without doing anything..Do you think reinstalling the phone software will solve the issue or does it look like a battery problem ??
Please use plain text.