Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
ericdeeson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 9360 media card issue

"it is much rarer for the BB to lose the card!" In fact I don't think I have EVER lost the card in the three months since I used this technique....

Cheers - Eric
Please use plain text.
tamc
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Hi all, 

Hope someon can help me! It seems like everyone still can see their files once their BB pluged into the pc, but mine shows no files at all on my BB once it's been connected to the pc. 

What can I do to retrive all my files back? Anyone knows the reason of this, it seems like a common fault for this model? 

Please help! Many thanks in advance. 

Tam 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdeeson

"mine shows no files at all on my BB once it's been connected to the pc. "

How do you know the BB's chip is recognised by the PC and, if it is, that there are files on it?

Best - Eric

Please use plain text.
tamc
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

This is the same pc that I used for backup my files from my BB, it always recognise the chip. I've tried other pc as well, it showed the same property content as '0 file'. 

Is there a solution for this? 

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdeeson

Thanks! This is very strange: I've not come across it before. I hope someone else can help - Eric

Please use plain text.
yara_ammari
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: mobily

where can i find these CH files ? i entered my media card clicked on blackberry bt i cant find the ch files
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Berdien
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cell C South Africa

Hi Everyone!  Currently I am starting to develop a hate-relationship with my Curve 9360.  My media card constantly gives problems.  I can't even format it anymore.  Even the formatting fails.  It just don't want to read the media card.  And the cursing gives problems, the phone overall are very slow.  Luckily when it started to happen, i down loaded all my files to my computer.  I am currently so frustrated with this Blackberry.  I feel i can cry!  Is there someone that can help....it seems to me the only way out of this super super super frustrating situation is to through it against the wall.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdeeson

Hey, Berdien - don't lose heart! It's a smashing phone - though I haven't heard of the slowness of using it as a phone (maybe it's local signals? anyone near you have the same phone?).

I never solved the media card issue, however, despite being quite optimistic, and can only suggest you try your service provider as BB (UK anyway) doesn't help. I just gave up tryiing in the end....

Good luck - Eric

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Berdien
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cell C South Africa

Thank you for the encouragement.  Our service provider in South Africa will have the phone between 6 to 8 weeks and they do not give you a replacement phone.  Horrible choices to make between:  do i live with half a phone or give it up for 6 to 8 weeks for a probable sucessful repair.

:smileyindifferent:

It seems that i will live with half a phone.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdeeson

The media card issue isn't enough of an issue to reduce your phone by 50%, is it? But the problems with using the BB as a phone may indeed have that outcome - and in that case, I'd send it back, even if for 6-8 weeks (which is very poor practice to my UK eyes!).
Good luck with this and with everything, Berdien - Eric
Please use plain text.