Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Kerry-LeeSmit
My Device: Curve 9360

Curve 9360 sees wifi but will not connect

Please help me.  My new Curve 9360 sees the wifi network at home but will not connect.  Other devices connect just fine, but not my phone.

How do I rectify this matter?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Curve 9360 sees wifi but will not connect

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please describe exactly all of the steps you attempt and exactly the results from each step. "will not connect" leaves just too much room to guess...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Kerry-LeeSmit

Good Day

Firstly I make sure that the WiFi is on.

Then I go to:

Option - WiFi Networks - I choose my home WiFi which is listed there

(The WiFi has a security password which was entered and saved when I set up the WiFi)

Then an error message comes up saying "Failed to Associate With the Network"  or "Failed to connect to the network"

I have also gone back and reset my router.

I have also used the "Other ways to connect" and enetered the WiFi setting again manually.  

I have tried all combinations of the options "SSID Broadcasted" and "Allow inter-access point handover"  I have to automatically obtain IP as that is the way my WiFi is set up.

PLease let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...it sounds like you are doing everything correctly. So my suspicion becomes some inaccuracy and/or some other security setting that is active on your WAP.

Have you attempted turning off (temporarily -- and, of course, only if you have that control) all security on your WAP to see if your BB can then connect?

Also, perhaps do you have MAC authentication active on your WAP? If so, then you must pre-add the BB MAC address to your WAP authentication table.

Do you have another WiFi device that you can test the exact same settings you have entered into your BB, just to be 100% certain that the settings are correct?

BTW -- with each thing you attempt, it's best to delete the WiFi configuration from the BB and start that over from scratch...just to be sure there's nothing residual in that configuration that might perhaps be where an inaccuracy resides.

Does your BB and your WAP have WPS capability? If so, you can use that to get them to auto-negotiate what is needed.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
EvanRyandi97

how to reset router ?
Visitor
faqaruzy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

please on data servis and off servis provider line.....on wifi & detect.....logon...

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

EvanRyandi97 wrote:
how to reset router ?

Hello,

You would need to refer to your router manual for how to do that.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates