Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
turbosac
My Device: Curve 9360

Curve 9360 update OS7.1 stuck

2 days ago I updated my BB Curve 9360 OS7 to the new release OS7.1 just by using the phone instead of connecting it to a pc.

It got stuck at 10% of security back up of Social feeds a whole night.

I read that the same happened to a BB Bold model also and some one recommended to restart the phone by taking out the battery. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Last-night-upgraded-OS-7-to-7-1-STUCK-NOW-in-...

I did and it restarts the back up and gets stuck at 10% again.

I also connected the phone to my pc and the BB software gets stuck also while "connecting to the device"

I can't use my phone from 2 days now and this is giving me a few problems at work...

I don't have a security back up in my pc since is a new one and I can't lose the data on my phone...

Is there any way to cancel this update? Or there is any fix to solve the problem?

How can I contact BB Support or something? I already tweet my problem to @blackberryhelp and had no answer...

Please help me and thanks!

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Curve 9360 update OS7.1 stuck

Are you using the 7.1 update for your phone carrier?

To cancel the update, use BlackBerry Desktop Software and reinstall OS 7.0.

If you need more help or how to reinstall OS 7.0 just post back.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello turbosac

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Sorry for the problem you are having ! There are two methods of recovery for you to try:

Credit J Sanders 

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.
  • If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Secondly:

• Start your BlackBerry in Safe mode.  Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode
  • KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode
  • Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect:  Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it. 

Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the upgrade

So please try it and let us know the result.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
turbosac

Thanks both of you for the help!

I'll try what you're telling me prince2012, since my BB does not react when I connect it to the pc nor the BB Desktop Software. I'll post later if I can make it or not!

Elite II
prince2012

Hello turbosac

Yes I know your device is not detected when you connect it to your PC  or BB Desktop software .Just follow the suggestions  I hope it will help.

Prince

Contributor
turbosac

[ Edited ]

I cant get to safe mode... I've tried the way to OS4,6-5 and OS6-7.1 and none worked...

But I managed to force the BB Desktop software to recognice my phone...

I clicked on update and it tells me to reinstal and I get this message:

"If you cannot use your device, you can repair it and restore its factory default sattings by loading the software again. Your media files and documents, data, settings, and most applications will be deleted. Do you wan't to ciontinue?"

Does this mean that I will lose all my contacts, bbpin contacts, and anything that I have in the phone? 

The applications doesn't matter, I can just download them back...

Please tellme that is not the solution! 

Thanks again for the help!

Contributor
turbosac

One more thing...

Can it be that my BB has a password? I now mine and it ask it then I conect it to the BB Desktop software, but when I press the block botton on the bb, I can see in a blick that the phone is asking for it...

Elite II
prince2012

Hello turbosac

I am sorry to say but yes if step one fails and you are unable to start your device on Safe Mode and you had to force the detection of your device using Application loader on that situtation to recover your device you will lose data ! Do you don't have your previous backup ? You can remove your media card from the device before performing the above step. If you had previously backup your BBM contacts on your media card it can be restored it back.

If you are using BlackBerry Protect you can restore all your information backup on device.If not please use it and also backup using BB desktop software for such situation .I know you are in trouble at this situation as you don't have any backup of your device:smileysad:   But I can't see any other solution to recover your device from present situation.I hope you understands.

Prince

Contributor
turbosac

I realized that my BB got on safe mode (between blinks blocking and unbloking the keypad)...

I will try a few things more that I read in other forums... And as a last recourse I will do the reinstall...

I am really thankful for you constant help!

Elite II
prince2012

Hi turbosac

I can understand ! Search forums and see and if any help you get atleast to recover you contact. But I insist try to start your device on safe mode if that works you can recover your contacts.If you need any help just post back and also with your results.

Prince