Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Franziww
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 9360 won't charge

This morning when I plugged my phone into charge, instead of showing the usual lightening symbol in the battery bar, it just showed a red charge symbol, which it's never done before. It won't hold any charge, even though I turned it off for a while, I battery pulled, waited 30 secs, pressed alt+shift+del twice, and used a different charger. The little light at first flashed red but now is yellow, and has been for the best part of the phone being plugged in to charge. The tricky sitch is I bbought it in England but am in Germany for the next two weeks. Anyone know of a way I can fix this for now, bar having to buy a new battery? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9360 won't charge

Hi Franziww

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I think your BlackBerry Battery has been completly drained, Please don't reboot  your device again and again if currently it showing a yellowish light then it might take a few more hrs to charge . Let it charge for a few more hrs , but don't charge it via  PC  use a good wall socket .

Please try it and see if that works.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Franziww

Ok thanks! I'll see how that goes.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Franziww

So I've been charging it all day, but when I unplug it the battery bar is just a red outline and completely empty. The LED is  now flashing both red and clear, and I've checked to see if I can update the OS but it won't even let me do that. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Franziww

Sometime it may take hours to charge our BlackBerry Battery if it drains completly , Or if you can manage a Fully charge battery you can try it to see if its a battery issue or the problem is within your device.

If you can't manage another battery I prefer you should let it charge for another 2 to 3 hrs and post back with your result. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Franziww

It's been charging nearly 12 hours now, I've ordered a new batttery but I guess I'll just have to wait the few days for it to arrive before I can be sure, unless you know of anything else I can do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Franziww

Sorry to hear that it still not working for you ! But as I said If you can manage or borrow a charge battery from any of your friend it may help , use it on your device it let you know if the issue is because of a battery or your device itself has encountered an issue.

If your device get working after using a fully charge battery then simply replacing the battery will fix the issue and if you notice that the issue is with your device you can try a few things like :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Franziww

Thank you for all your help! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey Franziww

You are most  welcome .. and let us know of your progress :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.