Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BBShrops
My Device: Non user

Curve 9360screen - sealed against dust?

As someone who is considering the switch to BB, but has no experience of using one, the one thing that concerns me is that historically, the curve line of BB's used to get a bad rep for dust getting inside between the outer screen and the LCD.

Is it a problem/potential problem with the 9360?

TIA,

BBShrops.

Please use plain text.
Thegis
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Curve 9360screen - sealed against dust?

Hi TIA, you probably got your new smartphone by now, but I confirm that the Blackberry Curve 9360 is definetely not sealed against dust. I bought mine in February and the dust appeared in the LCD screen of the 9360 a few month later. The reseller had the device sent to a RIM subcontractor for repair and the dust had been removed. However the Curve 9360 came back with a flaw in the screen, which must have been caused by the intervention. The shop assistance told  me, that it's too small to be seen and asked me to ignore it. I insisted to have it send out for repair once more, but except an software update nothing had been done. This was in beginning of September after a total waiting time of 5 weeks. A couple of days ago I noticed that dust reappeared in the display. I am overall happy with the Curve 9360 but very dissapointed about this issue, especially how it was handled by the reseller and RIMs certified repair service. Best regards T. 

Please use plain text.