Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sarah_m
My Device: curve 9380

Curve 9380 overheats

My phone seems to get really hot, which then causes the battery to drain for no apparent reason. it seems to happen at least three times a day. What should i do?

Contributor
Kwsn
My Device: Curve 9310

Re: Curve 9380 overheats

Is the phone getting hot during regular use or when your charging it? It could mean you need to replace the battery if you haven't already or you have a faulty charger.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

sarah_m wrote : 

My phone seems to get really hot, which then causes the battery to drain for no apparent reason. it seems to happen at least three times a day. What should i do?

Hi sarah_m

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
sarah_m

It overheats while on charge and during reqular use and it could be just sat there and when i go to it its really hot and no battery, ive tried a different battery also a different charger but still have the same problem.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi sarah_m

While charging BlackBerry 7 devices  may feel warm and it normal .Go through those Knowledge Base mentioned aboveI am sure it will help in increasing your device Battery life as well as device overheating.

Prince

New Contributor
sarah_m

I've tried everything and still no change to be honest I lve had a number of blackberrys and never had this problem, I however don't think its normal to charge your phone then within 2-3 hours later without even using it go to it and its overheating and the battery has drained
Elite II
prince2012

Hi sarah_m

Are you sure you closed all the application properly ,When you press the Menu key for a few second ,on that screen are seeing any other applications. Do you close your browser when not in use.

On your HomeScreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > move your trackpad right or left it will allow you to see the CPU usuages .

How many Applications you had Installed on your device.Also what is your present OS bundle ,To know that :

OS 6 – 7 = Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line.

Prince

New Contributor
miych
My Device: blackberry curve 9380 touch

simply change your sim card to a newer one and try to see if it continues to heat try to remove your micro sd card too, if it is still the same so you do have a problem with your software.
Visitor
aryadee
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380

Hi Blackberry Team,

I have purchased curve-9380 about 6 months ago. And It performed well this period.

First of all I'd say that

-I use my phone, just for calling purpose and thats too for a small amount of time a day, around 5-10 min per day is my consumption for mobile calling. 

-I am not music freak,and video shooter or camera user that is for ocasionally.

-I don't play any games and all on my cell.

-Also I don't have BBM plan so mail and net surfing is ruled out.

So my question is, last 3-4 days my cell has started to get warmed up to annoying level. and battery gets drain just like that within 2-3 hours.

So what could be the reason is there any possible to way to rectify this issue, instead of changing battery as my cell is just 6 months old.  If changing the bettry is the option I'd say it is very poor performance by Blackberry cellphone because any branded cell in market has better battery life than 6-7 months.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Deepak Arya