Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Curve 9900 - How to set phone to ring out of holster and vibrate when in holster?

With my old BB Bold, I had my phone set to vibrate for messages and phone calls when in the holster. When out of the holster, I had the phone ringing with my personal ring tones while everything else vibrated.

I cannot figure out how to do the same with my new Curve 9900.

Any help would be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: Curve 9900 - How to set phone to ring out of holster and vibrate when in holster?

Go to Sound Profiles (Top left corner of the homescreen), Click on Change Sounds and Alerts.

Click on Sounds for Selected Profiles>Phone

From there you should be able to set up Ring Tone, Volume, When to Play sounds, LED notifications, and Vibration count or length.

Cheers,
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 9900 - How to set phone to ring out of holster and vibrate when in holster?

But, I do not see an option of in holster or out of holster.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Under Play Sound: You can Choose In Holster, Out of Holster, (Normal) Always

Under Vibration you can choose Off, On, or Custom. Custom will allow you to customize further.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTS

I'm sorry, this is not an adequate solution.

In the bad old days, I could set a completely different ringtone AND volume for when in and out of the holster... so that when I was actively using/watching my phone the noise wouldn't disturb my workmates.

Please bring this functionality back.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

+1 on this. I too would like to have this functionality back, the ability to set one ringer volume for when the phone is in the holster, and another for when it is out of it's holster. This way the phone automatically changes ringer volumes when the phone is removed from it's holster, rather than me having to go in every time and change it manually... very annoying.  We need to be able to do this because when the phone is holstered the ringer has to be turned way up to hear it (holster is very thick).  When the phone is consequently removed from the holster the phone is now far too loud and disturbs the people around us.  Please, either bring this functionality back or design an app that can do this for us.