Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Kitkat2102
My Device: Not Specified

Curve - Call Log Being Stored in Work Email

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  My call log suddenly disappeared.  I called ATT & they had me erase a bunch of stuff, which didn't help.  I tried a few other things on my own, and now I have a call log, but it's showing up under my email icon, instead of under the phone icon.  It is SO annoying.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve - Call Log Being Stored in Work Email

Hit your green phone key > hit your menu key > options > call logging > select none > hit your back button and save!!!
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kitkat2102
My Device: Not Specified

Great! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
angel78
My Device: BB Pearl 8100

Your call log disappeared, due to low memory.  The Blackberry devices have a Low Memory Manager, that once you hit 400k (or less) memory, the phone will begin deleting call logs and text messages.  Using a memory card will help alleviate these issues.  However, one other thing to remember, would be to make sure all programs are shut down properly.

On your Home Screen, press and hold Alt and Escape (Back - next to red END key) keys.

A window pops up, showing all open applications.

While continuing to hold down Alt, release Escape, and scroll through the app list, with your trackball.

When you find an application, let go of Alt.  This will open that application.

Use Menu - Close, or your Escape key, to close the program.

There are 5 programs that will never close completely, on a Blackberry.  These are: Browser, Home screen, Messages, Phone (Call log) and BB Messenger.  If you are running Brickbreaker, BB Maps, or even small apps, it will take a lot of memory.

Go into Options > Status, to view your File Free, to see what a difference it makes, once these are closed down.

Hope this helps!!  =)

Julie S.

Julie S.
Certified in Blackberry Technical Support
Please use plain text.