Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Curve Keeps Deleting older Calendar Events

Does anyone know a fix for this?  What is the point of setting the thing to "keep forever" if it is going to delete them whenever the mood strikes it.  I need my old appointments for refural purposes.  I am so sick and tired of having to change the sync settings to sync one way from the desktop to the handheld to constantly restore my old appointments.  What is the solution!!!?????? I am ready to throw this thing through the wall!  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS

Re: Curve Keeps Deleting older Calendar Events

A BlackBerry only begins to delete older items when it's running low on free space. If you check under Options | Status what number is next to file free? Make note of that number then with the device powered ON, remove the battery for 30 seconds and replace it. What is your file free number at now?

Here is more usueful links on maximizing the amount of free space on a device:

If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Curve Keeps Deleting older Calendar Events

There is actually a bigger problem here.

These deletions are random, recent, and rampant.

Entries are disappearing from this and last month!

They are happening with plenty of memory.  I have ~133M free at all times and haven't dropped at all.

I follow all the memory recomendations as far as closing apps, etc.

Backing up is of course very important, but if this software keeps deleting at random when I have plenty of free memory, backing up should essentially be done every time I write or change a calendar entry.

I reset and pull my battery out periodically.

My text and email are set to 15 days and they have never (including with my previous BB model) deleted automatically at all.

This doesn't happen during a sync.  It just happens.

I have wiped the OS in that I got a new phone in March 10 and since it was faulty when I got it, ended up launching and uninstalling and reinstalling that OS.

BB staff needs to focus on getting the settings to do as they're selected and Prompt before deleting calendar entries or find some other way to swap.

This isn't just a problem on the Curve.