Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve Phone Book and Partial Matches against Caller ID

Does anyone know if the blackberry curve supports partial number matches between the caller ID its address book?

I have caller ID blocking enabled, I prepend some numbers in my address book with *82 to allow some people to identify my me as the caller.

The issue occurs when people whose numbers a pre-pended in my phone's address book with *82 617 555 1212 call me, their address book names do not appear on my caller ID because their caller ID returns 617 555 1212 and not matching against the *82 617 555 1212 entry in my address book.

With that said, is there a way to support partial number matches between your caller ID and address book? I want to avoid creating multiple phone number entries for the same user just to have someone's name populate in my address book.

Especially when some people have three phone numbers. That would equal to six phone number entries for that one user. Three with *82 for placing outgoing calls and three without *82 to id the incoming call.