Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dianemm
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Curve Stuck in Reboot

I decided to update the device software on my Curve 8520 as it was quite outdated.  The install processed smoothly but now I am stuck in reboot mode.  My PC connects to my phone, the phone shows it is progressing but when it gets to the end it goes black and then shortly begins again. The green process line on my computer in the software update window is at 95% but doesn't progress.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dianemm
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Curve Stuck in Reboot

The reboot finished on my desktop with an error "desktop loader is unable to connect to the device, you may need to enter password on device".  My phone continues to attempt to reboot.  I have disconnected it from my PC, taken out the battery, but every time I put the battery back it goes through reboot cycle but doesn't come on.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Try to reboot the device in Safe Mode.

Remove the battery. Reinsert the battery while holding down the back key. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds or so after the device begins to reboot then you can let go of the back key.

If the device boots up then it is a 3rd party application causing the problem and you'll need to delete the offending application. Themes are the usual culprit but you may need to find the bad app by trial and error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
khizer94
My Device: Blackberry 8520

I've tried that but it doesn't work

Please use plain text.