Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jwj123
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve has died

My curve was fine yesterday, didn't need charging. Last night I went to use it and the screen is black and nothing works. I have tried charging it but still nothing. If you call it, it goes to voicemail but doesn't ring. No lights, no rings no warning, no nothing. Any ideas?

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Curve has died

At the first - very common practice: remove battery, wait a minute and turn the battery back.

To clarify the situation, provide answers to the questions:

1. Can you turn your device ON ?
  2. Is your device accessible from Blackberry Desktop Manager software?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You consider wiping your device OS and reinstalling it again. Before that remove the media card installed in your device and check the behavior.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
ltbel121
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

Mine died this morning also. I turned it off last night with a charged battery. This morning, when I turned it on, I only got a red light for 12 seconds, then blank screen. I tried plugging it into the charger, I get the red light sequence twice, then it goes to a faint screen with a battery icon and a charging symbol in the middle. 

I tried connecting to the computer and manager software. Doesn't recognize it. The computer won't even show the phone being attached.

The battery is putting out 2.64 volts.

I removed the battery for over a minute (several times). When I replace the battery, I get the same red light sequence. If I'm on just the battery, the screen is blank after a few minutes.  If I'm plugged into a charger, I get the red light sequence several times, then it goes to the faint screen with the battery / charging icon....    The phone will NOT power up whatsoever. 

New Contributor
jwj123
My Device: Not Specified

I took the battery out for a minute, put it back in and it is now charging via my computer. Wall charger does not appear to be working. Is there an alarm I can set that will alert me when battery is about to giveup? I had used my blackberry about an hour before it died and it showed two bars.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

There is no alarm signal on bb device when battery is about to give up.
New Contributor
ltbel121
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

It came back to life!!  I had it plugged into a charger for 4 hours and suddenly, the screen lit up. The battery level showed completely dead.  I already have a replacement phone on it's way. I've backed up everything from the phone and pulled the media card out and copied it.

The tech at Sprint / Blackberry said the phone was toast.