Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

irelandj
My Device: Not Specified

Curve keeps cutting itself off!!!

Ok so I have had my curve for about a year and three months, I absolutely LOVE my phone! BUT for the last few weeks i have been experiencing some MAJOR issues with it! I noticed that for some reason it seemed like my battery was dying really fast like, there would be 100% charge when i leave the house in the mornings and by like 7ish the phone would be almost completely dead! So like any logical person i thought oh my battery may just be old...so i went to the closest at&t store and got a new battery! things were ok for about 3 days until today!!! I had probaly about 90% battery life when i started a phone conversation with a friend, we weren't on the phone more than 10 min before all of a sudden my phone just cut off, screen went black and just pressing the power button wouldn't allow the phone to come back on! so i took my battery out and waited a few moments, replaced the battery and the phone turned back on and loaded up..i went to call my friend back and before i could ever press the send button i notice the phone was saying 30% battery life and then i noticed the red LED light came on and my phone cut off again!!!! I really dont know what to do...and i like my phone to the point were i dont want another brand but i am close to just giving up on my beloved curve!
New Contributor
cricket

Re: Curve keeps cutting itself off!!!

Check your charging port, and also try another charger to see if that helps at all. If not there might be an issue with the software, but if you have battery or charging issues try a new batter, a different charger, and also check/clean your charging port. A nylon brush, and some canned air can do the trick with cleaning it.
New Contributor
kmac59

Irelandj,

Having same exact problem.  There is another thread from today that someone started with same issue.

My son and I swapped batteries to see if it is battery or the phone.  One year 3 months... out of warranty and too soon to get the discount...  I'm in exactly the same position.  No way can I drop the $$$ for a new curve or the $600 for the Bold...

Keith

New Contributor
jepekay

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you solve the issue?

Tks letting me know.

Rgds,

jepekay

New Contributor
kmac59

The new battery solved my problem and has now given me more battery life.

Ordered it online, received a few days later and no a shut off since. I think it was about $14 for the exact battery... lots cheaper than ATT stores which all were out of batteries.

This will get me to February when I can then upgrade to the Bold! Can't wait for that.

Keith
New Contributor
jepekay

I think you are right as when I use my BB while connected to the mains, I don't have that issue.

Will give it a shot.

In the meantime, I amazed that RIM has not picked up on that and given it a potential answer to the problem that many of us have encountered instead of letting us all wander about desperately.

Thanks and good luck with your future Bold.

New Contributor
glsumms

My daughter was having a similar problem with her brand new Curve.  I took it to the Sprint store, and they did a hard reset (which wiped out all her information, so back up before doing it), and it totally solved the problem.  Now she gets two days on a battery charge.
shoope1

I have been having same problems.  I upgrade from an older curve, and the new one just shuts off and will turn back on in a few minutes.  Well my ATT store exchanged my phone to another Curve and now I am having same problem again. 

Well at the same time I bought my girlfriend a new curve.  After her second one they could not tell us what to do so they offered her a pearl to replace the curve.  Now her pearl is shutting off.

5 phones brand new and they all are shutting off????  What to do???

New Contributor
JAngeles
My Device: Curve 8310

What's the status of this issue? Was this resolved?

Is there a fix to this problem to random uctting off?