Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
angeloberdos
My Device: Curve

Curve shows number of UNREAD emails but in my Outlook shows different

Hello! I have a BB Curve and is linked to MS Exchange Online. I'm doing my email housekeeping into my Outlook. I created folders and subfolders for emails being sorted out according to the correspondence and topics. I just finished the housekeeping and left 147 unread emails in the Outlook. The problem is my BB Curve shows 518 unread emails that appears on top of the screen with an asterisk (*). At first I thought it will synch after a while but it has been more than 4 hours now and still won't give me the correct unread number of emails. If there is manual synch just to fix this please let me know but automatic and permanent solution is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Curve shows number of UNREAD emails but in my Outlook shows different

Hey angeloberdos,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

You can use the "Mark Prior Read" option to mark the email as read.  In the your Inbox, highlight today's date, press the Menu key and choose "Mark Prior Read", all messages prior to today's date would be marked as read.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
angeloberdos
My Device: Curve

Re: Curve shows number of UNREAD emails but in my Outlook shows different

Hello HB and thank you very much for your reply. 

I followed your steps and the unread emails in the BB actually reduced and fell down to only 1 unread. But when I got back to the user and checked his Inbox, I saw 197 unread emails. Here is what I exactly did: went to the messages > highlight today's date > select Mark Prior Read > then it asked me: Mark all prior read? > I select Mark Read > then it processess for a quick while then boom, result is 1 unread email. Any thought abt why is that?

Thank you in advance for your next reply.