Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
rob6239
My Device: Blackberry 8350i
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Curve shuts off

I know this was an old message you left, but I'm hoping this reaches you.  I have an 8350i also and am experiencing this frustrating problem for the 1st time.

I was curious to find out if the new battery worked for your particular model and problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chris-t
My Device: Blackberry Curve 2
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

Re: Re: Curve shuts off

i also have the same problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rob6239
My Device: Blackberry 8350i
My Carrier: Telus

I was able to fix my problem by changing the battery.  I can't say if that works for everyone but did the trick for me..  three weeks in and no more problems.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
paulacassidy
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

My Curve 8530 shuts off while plugged in at night or during the day, during phone calls while plugged in or not, while I am looking up things in my contact list or using apps. Sometimes it shows low battery after light usage and shuts down, sometimes it shuts down without a low battery warning and does not show low battery when it is rebooted. Sometimes it reboots by itself but increasingly it just shuts down regardless of battery life, reboot schedule or cutoof schedule and does not come back on until I turn it on. I have cleaned contacts, I have attempted to find fixes online. It's over 2 years old but I expected to keep it longer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrieum
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Proxilus

Removing Google maps via Blackberry Desktop Manager did the trick for me -> give it a try ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrieum
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Proxilus

I spoke too soon -> it's still shutting off by itself and unusable. Swapping the batteyr didn't help either. 

:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
pgrove
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

My BlackBerry 9300 does exactly the same, also after I have to hard reboot the device 70% of the time when my phone request my pin it will say "Battery drained: shutting down" and after 3 - 5 hard reboots after that my battery will be where it was before it shutdown/crashed/had a heart attact..

also my device dies 20-35% of the time when trying to send/recieve anything. this happens more than 3 times a day.

f*ck this I'm switching to Sony Experia Z1 next year.

Please use plain text.