Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

agpaoab
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve shuts off

Yes, both Blackberry Curves were updated to 4.5.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mark888

If upgrading to 4.5 does not help, remove all add-on applications (especially those with internet access). Mine is working fine after upgrading to 4.5 and removing all add-on applicaitons such as ESPN, CNN, etc. I still use the web browser, but not the custom apps for individual sites.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xcentrk

Add another one to the list.  Mine has been shutting off at random times for the past week or so. I can be on a call, on the web, or not even touching the phone and it'll shut off.  Really annoying! Even with a batt pull, it will get through the security part and then shut off again. Only when I plug it into power will it reset and work correctly. I deleted most all of my apps even though I haven't added anything recently, but it still happens.  I had issues with the battery when I first got the phone. It would reset during calls, but that remedied itself with 4.5 quite a while ago.

I have found that the phone works fine if plugged into power though, so I am assuming it might be a battery problem for me.  It isn't loose or anything, and only a year and a few months old, but you never know. I just ordered a new battery today ... hope that fixes it for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AllyMcBeal

[ Edited ]

Hi Xcentrk,

It sounds like the battery is dying on you.

That's what was happening with mine.  When it was plugged into AC or my computer it worked fine.

Good luck.

Ally

Message Edited by AllyMcBeal on 05-18-2009 11:44 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xcentrk

Just a follow up:

Received my battery almost a week ago, and my phone has been perfect ever since! Hasn't shut off anymore, and I have much better battery life again which is a nice added bonus.

Definitely worth a try for anyone having the same issues all of a sudden, only cost $8 shipped from ebay ... and I got a free car charger which I gave to a friend.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

great news!

Enj:smileyhappy:y your BlackBerry! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
AllyMcBeal

Hi xcentrk!!

GREAT NEWS!!

It worked for me too and my battery life is better.

Thanks for letting us know.

Ally

PS  I got my battery free from AT&T as my BB was still under warranty.

Please use plain text.
ckyoung

Thanks for your post.  I just put in a new bettery ($6 of off ebay w/ no shipping, yeaa!) and my shut off and call problems seem to have gone away.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WonderTwin2
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

I'm having the same problem, myself, though. My BB Curve is only two weeks old, now, and it shuts on and off automatically and I'm not sure why! Are there still no answers to this issue? I will be upgrading to the BB Tour for Sprint when it comes out, but until then, I would REALLY enjoy my device actually working. This is the only issue I have with it, but it's TOTALLY frustrating :-/
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Wondertwin2

I think the resolution for some was:

1. make sure 4.5 device software has been installed (options- about...3rd line down... v4.x.x.x)

2. try a new battery

3. remove 3rd party web apps

4. in my own experiences as well, try removing your media card and seeing if same issue occurs

as for 1. even if you have 4.5 sometimes a fresh install helps

Please use plain text.