Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ppeldner
My Device: Not Specified

Curve won't charge

This is the second Curve in a month that won't charge. USB or wall charger. Charge light comes on and goes off after about a second. Tried various chargers and checked those chargers on other Mini USB type phones. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LetGoMyLego

Re: Curve won't charge

I've recieved a batch of them that had the same problem, returned to provider and got others.  Don't know what the problem was.  I even had one that would only charge in the car.

LGML

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techieraj
My Device: Blackberry curve 8330

I am also having same problem. Curve is not getting charged using either wall charger or usb charger. Now the phone is dead. Do let me know if you find a solution. Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
formulafit

I have read every post I could find on the hour glass problem with curves. I could not find a cure so I started looking through my phone and went to every application, once I got to the Face Book application I tried to disconnect through options and found that It locked the phone up and had to pull the battery. I tried this 3 times and it kept locking up to i connected my phone to the desk top manager and deleted the application. The phone rebooted and wow the hour glass problem was gone, my phone also would not charge and the battery was draining very fast. Now that the face book application has been removed all my emails from the day have arrived, my text messages have arrived. Nothing was working except the phone. going to try the reinstall option on the phone for face book and see if it happens again, so for all of you that have or are having this concern and replacing phones try this option and let everyone else know if it worked or ?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi PPeldner and welcome to the forums!

When you got the second phone did you notice if the carrier put the old battery in the new one?

Please do this,

Go to OPTIONS STATUS click to enter, and write down the file free and file total numbers, Also the current battery charge level.

Next:

Pull the battery while the device is ON, replace after a minute,

Let the device reboot 1-3 min, 

Then check the numbers again and  of the battery too, and send them to me.

OK?

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkmbol

Re: 8310 Curve won't charge and won't connect to Media Manager

I just got a Blackberry Curve 8310.  It took the initial charge and let me connect via USB to the Media Manager on my notebook.  The next day, it wouldn't take a charge and I contacted AT&T for a replacement.

I got the replacement two days ago.  It took the initial charge from the charger that day. The next morning, I connected to my laptop with the USB and copied some music files to the BB.  No Problem.

Last night, I connected the USB and after a very brief charging icon display, the charging icon changed back to a plain cell and the battery didn't charge.  Playing with the position of the USB cable in the slot makes no difference.  Now, when I try to attach to my laptop via the USB cable, the Media Manager can not find the device.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem or do I need to ask AT&T to send me ANOTHER new 8310, or maybe switch to a different device that's not prone to this problem. I like the 8310... I just wish I could use if for more than 2 days.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkmbol

Re: 8310 Curve won't charge and won't connect to Media Manager

Like LetgomyLego, I just found that my Blackberry WILL charge with the car charger. I'm going to see if having a full or almost full battery makes any difference in my ability to connect to my laptop and the Media Manager tonight after work. I wouldn't call this a solution, but I'll be able to muddle through while I search for an answer.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samgoff

I got the same problem, mine chooses only to be charged through USB.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkmbol

I found this troubleshooting instruction and thought it would fix my problems.  Sadly, it didn't but you could try it if you're filling lucky.  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/583/KB02640_f.SAL_Public.html#1
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkmbol

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem?

I've continued to charge my second BB with the car charger and pursued using bluetooth to transfer files between my notebook and blackberry, but have since found out we need a USB connection to transfer files with the BB curve. I think I'm going to exchange this Blackberry one more time and hope I get one without this problem. If anyone has an alternative solution, please pass it along.
Please use plain text.