Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

skjuster
My Device: curve 8320

Re: Curve won't charge

I just got my 3rd Blackberry curve because the first two stopped charging after about a 2 months. I agree with the theory that there is a bad batch of Blackberrys out there and apparently it's cheaper for the manufacturer to sell defective products than to recall them. If you don't have the extra warranty your stuck with a phone that doesn't charge and it's your loss. Fortunately I payed the extra money and they have had to replace my phone twice now. At first the phone would charge with either my car charger or the one I have at home and the one at work. Then it stops charging on all but one of the chargers and that one only if your propping the port up with something. I know the problem isn't the charging unit because my husband has a different phone that uses the same charger and has never had any problem with it. I believe that the port where the charger plugs in gets loose after a short period of use and stops making a good enough connection to charge. When this happens the icon that shows your phone is charging no longer appears when the phone is plugged into the charger. I really like my blackberry but if I had known it was going to be this problematic I would definitely not have purchased it.

bipestuff
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

I am on my second 8310 Curve and it has devloped the same problem.  I see this is a common problem with this phone.  I purchased a charging dock for at work which works fine since it charges through the two contacts on the back of the phone.  I believe it is a faulty USB port on the phone.  The pins within the connector seem to get pushed upward towards the face of the phone and do not make contact.  I've actually pushed them down carefully with a small push-pin and that worked for a while, but does not solve the problem.  I may have to change to a different model phone to get away from this issue as RIM does not seem to be responsive to fix this issue.

debbie18681
My Device: Blackberry Curve

I am on my 3rd phone in 3 months!  And the last one just stopped charging.  I never could get it to charge on a wall charger, only USB port on my computer.  I get to go BACK to the Verizon store tomorrow to try for a 4th or see if they will give me an entirely different stype of a phone.  :smileymad: 

Visitor
snuffy012150
My Device: Curve 8310

My first reading was  15% battery and 21224976 Bytes

Second reading was 5%  battery and 21172864 Bytes

This was with a new battery and not the original battery.

Visitor
lipilot09
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

having the same exact problem. Phone wont charge with the wall charger. Tried the wall charger with different phones in the house and works with them. Also bought the charging pod and of course the phone doesnt even charge threw that either. Cant call the service provider because I bought this phone unlocked and changed the housing so whatever warranty it had is now void.  The piece of black plastic with the metal contacts is all there and NOT broken. So i dont know what the issue with phone is but is getting really annoying because i only have one extra battery. Really hate that RIM wont recall this 8300 series for faulty charging ports. If any one can help with my issue it would be great!

scrxbandit
My Device: 8320

WOW. EVERY ONE BUST OUT A KEY OR A FLAT HEAD SCREW DRIVER AND GENTLY PUSH THE USB TAB DOWN TOWORDS THE LONGER SIDE OF THE SLOT. IT WILL START RIGHT UP IN YOUR HAND

Meredith4
My Device: Curve

so, i have a blackberry curve from alltel and im also having this problem. the thing is, that little flimsy paper-like thing in the usb port has fallen out and i have looked everywhere for it. is there a possibility you think to get or buy another one from the alltel place in my town? because i really dont want to have to buy another blackberry and lose all of my information from the phone..

help would be appreciated! : ]

midiyuga
My Device: BB Curve

Re: Curve won't charge - possible solution?

Your solution worked for me

†hanks!!

chsdoula
My Device: Curve 8320

Thanks, SCRXBANDIT!  You talked me down from the ledge and my blackberry is charging up just fine! 

time1209
My Device: Curve 8530

you are sooooooooo my best friend right now. My Curve is now charging with ease Thanx