Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
H43arley
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve won't sync with Microsoft Outlook anymore

Hello Everyone,

I've owned my curve for about 2 months.  It was syncing everything just fine.  I sync manually with the USB not by wireless.  Now it will sync everything except for the calander.  I have to unclick the calander to get it to sync task, address book etc.

I'm running Windows XP

Outlook 2003

Desktop Software 4.3

Checking the sync log I can see where it reads my device without problem.  Then it starts reading my outlook calander.  It gets to record 11/37 and then it kicks up this error..."The operation terminated unexpectedly."

What can I doto fix this?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve won't sync with Microsoft Outlook anymore

Here are a couple things to try:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Errors_syncing_the_BB_with_Desktop_Manager

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Error:_Desktop_Manager_has_encountered_a_problem_and_needs_to_close

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

This is the second link that JSANDERS was referencing:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02659&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

I noticed it wasn't up at the other link.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
H43arley

Those solutions did not work for me.  Thanks for the advice though.  I want to leave what did work just incase of someone else.  I actually had a corrupt appointment sent to me.  It didn't have an attachement it was just bad.

1. I moved all my Active Calander appointments over to archive so that the Blackberry couldn't see them.

2. I ran the sync and it found no errors. (Proves nothing is wrong with the BB or software)

3. One by one I added back each appointment from the archive calander to the live calander and synced afterwards.

4. Once I hit the error I knew it was the last appointment added.

5. I deleted it.  (You can do with it what you will, leave it in archive or something)

6. Ran the sync and I have no more issues.

I think I'll hang around this forum.  This idea came from reading a couple of threads and combining them.  Thanks again both of  you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

NICE job !

Kudo's to you!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
BillLeinweber

A million thank-you's!  We are having EXACTLY the same problem with EXACTLY the same versions of Outlook, DM and Windows.  Mine stopped working last Monday and Monday's are usually when I add future appointments. 

One question:  Once you Archive the appointments, how do you move them back one-by-one to your Active Calendar?  I've never done that before.  Also, do you know what about that particular appointment was corrupted or caused the problem? (Okay, I guess that was actually two questions :smileyhappy: )

Please use plain text.