Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Custom Ringtones, Once More. . .

I tried searching for an answer to this, but did not find what I was looking for.

Here's the problem. I have a mp3 ring tone on my SD card. I went into the media folder and set the ring tone to "use as ring tone" or what ever it says. I have no custom ring tone set for the contacts, so it should use that one, right? But when someone calls it uses the default "AT&T Tone" instead of my ring tone. What am I doing wrong?

I tried setting a custom ring tone for 1 contact and when that 1 contact calls it works. But the others still use the default one. Many thanks for any help you can offer. This is my first smart phone, upgraded from a cheezy go-phone, so this is a pretty big step up from where I was.

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Custom Ringtones, Once More. . .

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the F:smileyhappy:rums!

When you set your ringtone, what profile did you set it under? (Example, Loud, normal, ) ?  Then make sure that is what your ACTIVE profile is. 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Custom Ringtones, Once More. . .

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Get some popcorn, it's a video!

This will show you how to setup profiles. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

http://www.wirelessiqllc.com/blog/2008/06/05/blackberry-profiles-explained-in-video-tutorial/

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter