Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: t-mobile

DNS error...

Hi all, i am wondering if anyone can help me please? I have just upodated my software to version 5.0.0.0 and since then i lost things like the BB App world and Facebook etc.

I have been able to put Facebook back on via my PC, but when i choose to go to the BB App world, its shows that its loading for a long time, andthen i get a box pop up saying "error, dns". I then sent the download links via email to my phone and chose the option of Open in BB App World and it does nothing................... just says the sama message, loading, then error dns

It was never an issue before i updated the software and just wondering if anyone can help me solve it at all please?

Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: DNS error...

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

i am so glad i got a reply at last!! In the end i did a hard reset and started to re-add apps. Sadly even this does not work other than i got FB installed.

I folowed what you have said above, and it said, "message sent", 

I did then get an email back saying "your handheld has been registered with the wierless network"

I then sent the service book request and got another email replay saying, " You have successfully set up my emailadress.co.uk with your blackberry device.

Ive taken battery out as per your steps also and then waited a while for it to load up. Anyway so far so good was when the APP world showed up, i proceeded to then download the Drive-Safely app and then a message popped up saying" There was a problem during installation"

After returning i got a further message of " Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server, Verfiy your network connections and try again"

Hall of Famer II

You need to get the service books sent, I think. Go back to that KB and follow it very closely. Let me know exactly where in the process it does not work.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

just edited my post, as i went back and re-traced your steps before you had replied Smiley Happy

After re-doing all the steps i still get, Error, DNS

Hall of Famer II

Are you attempting this via WiFi or over your carrier data network? The newest versions of the OS require an adequate data plan (from the carrier) on the BB.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

wi fi i assume................i have not logged in via my T-Mobile web and walk browser. On my BB account i have everything

Just doing it all again for a 3rd time..........

and still the same dns error

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

Try disabling WiFi and attempting over your carrier data network. If it works, then re-enable WiFi and try again. If you still get the error, then there is something not quite right with your WiFi settings either on your BB or on your WAP/Router.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

Further, if it fails in some other way via your carrier data network, then it is possible that you don't have an adequate data account with your carrier to provide access. Even if accessing many things via WiFi, you still must maintain an adequate data account with your carrier since you are still using the hosted services, just simply via a different pathway (WiFi vs Carrier data network).'

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks foryour help.

I disabled the wi-fi and i was able to download the apps to my phone Smiley Wink But when i re-enable the wi-fi and try to access App wolrd I get the DNS error still.

I can live with that i think tbh!!!

Thanksagain