Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
chasingpirates
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Dark spot on screen?

Hi, I recently bought BlackBerry Curve 8520, and today I noticed a dark spot on its screen – it is only visible on white background, and the text reads just fine. The intensity of the spot changes – it depends at which angle I am reading the text, etc. (well, this is rather obvious, I guess). I tried to reboot the device by removing the battery, it didn’t help. Is this a common problem for BlackBerry Curve series? Is there a solution? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Dark spot on screen?

This isn't a common problem.  Can you post a pic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ESTEVENON
My Device: curve 8520

I have got exactly the same problem with my Curve 8520. My Blackberry is quite new (5 days) and I take care of it like my own eyes. A dark spot appears suddenly (without any chock or fall) in the middle of the screen. The spot changes when there is a little pressure on the screen (like a  sort of water bubble)

I think this is a fabrication problem.

Sincerely.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alldwepak
My Device: 9300 3G

I have the same problem on a curve 3G 9300 any help...

Allan Martin
Please use plain text.
ibinu220529
My Device: curve 9300 3g

Me too have the same problem with curve 9300.is anyone got any solution
Please use plain text.