Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rachelhitchen
My Device: Curve 8520

Data Loss: Outlook Calendar

My Microsoft Outlook calendar data has become deleted somehow.  I guess this has occurred during a sync process between my BB and my PC.  I have BB backups but dont know how to view the files without reloading onto my phone which presumably will then wipe current data?

New Contributor
denisblack
My Device: 9300

Re: Data Loss: Outlook Calendar

I have the same issue

All my entries in outlook are gone though still on BB.

The BB backup should be the same as the one you have on your phone but it will not reinstall the deletions in your outlook.

I have now tried all what I can find on this forum.

MOVE calenders, reset sync settings etc etc nothing works.

It definitly seems to have to do with the different calenders you have on the phone.

So if anyone has help on solving"spontanous deletions" when syncing from the outlook i'd be pleased to hear too.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi rachelhitchen,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your calendar. It sounds like your default calendar may have changed to an empty one.

Please make sure to take a backup of your current data before making any changes then make sure the default calendar on your BlackBerry smartphone is the one containing all of the entries. You can see the default calendar in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.

To see which calendars have entries in them, open the Calendar, press the Menu and choose Options. Selecting each calendar in the list should display the number of entries in it.

Once the correct default calendar is selected, please try to do a one way synchronization to Microsoft® Outlook®

This blog post should provide more information on multiple calendars. http://bbry.lv/bozTNY

Hope this is helpful.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
gardener101
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi,  I thought you had given me the answer but when I looked in my phone all my previous data had gone from there too.

I believe that when I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago from the Curve 8520 to the Bold 9900 all the data from the Curve was lost from  both my new phone and my Outlook.  I have the backups from my Curve - is there anything I can do to reinstate my Outlook information as from time to time I need to refer back.  Thanks