Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Mack153
My Device: Curve 8520

Data has switched to GSM from EDGE or GPRS

Hi,

My Curve 8520 (v5.0.0.681) on O2-UK has switched to GSM since last Friday (16th). Initially it happened to my girlfriend's Curve 8520, then mine and now it has happened to her sisters Curve 9300. 

It has not happened to my girlfriend's parents Curve 9300. I also work 50 miles from home and it's not working so it's not a single tower issue. 

I have tried pulling the battery, reinstalling the software and a security wipe.

I contacted my carrier (O2-UK) who state that it's not a problem with their network and that they have had a lot of reports of the same issue in this past week, they're saying it's a Blackberry issue.

I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Data has switched to GSM from EDGE or GPRS

Mack153 wrote:

they're saying it's a Blackberry issue.

And therefore they should troubleshoot this issue for you, not just knock it off on yourself to solve.

By contract to YOU and to RIM, O2 provides technical support for both the hardware and software. Any issue they cannot resolve, they should escalate up to RIM level technical support, and if they don't then you need to demand it.

Don't let them off the hook for this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.