Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
blaircon
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dead from a "check for updates"

After I synched an hour ago I got a message that there were updates for applications on my BB.  I chose to update by BB with those updates.  20 minutes later, there's an error msg on my laptop.... no longer have it and my BB screen is white with some sort "do not" circle around an application icon with a 507 number below it.  I can't access my phone or anything and now the BB Mgr doesn't recognize that it's connected.

Anyone have experience with this?  I though I was doing something simple and now I'm dead in the water.  Help!

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Dead from a "check for updates"

Hi and welcome o the forums!

Basically you will need to reload the device OS on your phone. The current version is corrupt.

Did you download the device OS file from your carriers website? List your carrier,

and the software version you were on before the error.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
blaircon

Hi - thanks for responding.  I've had this BB for about 6 mos and loaded the software from the CD that came with it and never had any issues syncing until now.  From what I could tell, the updates were additional applications available from the BB site.  My carrier is AT&T. 

I can't get the BB to power off.  It's stuck with the light on and that error message.  Even if I take the battery out for a long period of time, when I put it back in the display is the same.  Even tried the reset button.

New Contributor
blaircon

forgot to mention that version is 4.7 and that the update wasn't for the desktop manager itself, but updates to the software on the BB.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yeah I had figured that the updates were for the device OS.

Here's the problem. You updated software and somewhere the installation

became corrupt or didn't load correctly. Your device basically has no software

loaded.

Ordinarily you would go to the vendors site and download the device OS to your PC.

You would then use the application loader in desktop software to restore the device.

The problem is I do not see any software for the 8900 on the website from AT&T.

I suggest you contact AT&T in the morning and have them help you with the download.

Here is the website, please double check that I didn't miss it.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-10-2009 01:56 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter