Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ankitkhanduri
My Device: Curve 9320

Dealer sold me a defective phone

hi I bought a 9320 few weeks back. Since the very first day the phone keeps on rebooting now and then. I took it to the dealer , there they asked me to install app and update the software from my laptop. Which I did. It didn't work so I took it back again today. Now I new guy was there who said that since lot of time has passed I should take it to a service center and says if I had I problem I should have come earlier.he didn't respond appropriately to the fact I was there earlier even when his own colleague told him so. What should I do take it to the servive center or file a complaint against the dealer.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Dealer sold me a defective phone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user. Further, this site us a user-to-user community, not a formal channel for any communications with BlackBerry.

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...100% of your contractual relationship is between you and the dealer. When you purchased, you should have received documentation about your specific service and warranty terms, methods, and requirements. It is that documentation that will govern your situation...not what the person may have told you. If the documentation requires you to go to the Service Center, then that is the method of support you agreed to via your purchase contract -- but, no one here is party to that, so no one here can tell you what that actually says.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

What you should be doing is escalating with the dealer to their management levels. You may have to find their corporate offices and seek out the higher management. You may want to consider seeking out your local governmental/consumer protection agencies. There are reports from time to time that folks just threatening (gently) such action to an unhelpful dealer can change their situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ankitkhanduri
My Device: Curve 9320

Re: Dealer sold me a defective phone

Thanks
Please use plain text.